Topic: iPhone problems

Haven't fully checked it but think there is some problems on the iPhone/itouch browser.

I will investigate further when I wake up... Need to sleep. But acting very different to 1.2.

sorry to not say more, but on my touch at the moment and cant be arsed to write anymore out...

2 (edited by thame^ 2008-02-01 20:55)

Re: iPhone problems

I just had a quick look at pundemo.org on my iPod Touch, but it appears to be ok.  Font sizes are a little weird here and there (the forum title is too small, for example), but Safari Mobile appears to do that with many websites for some reason.  Two things really stood out for me: a large horizontal scrollbar on every page, and the navigation crumbs not wrapping.

In case it matters: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; nl-nl) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3

thame^ wrote:

Two things really stood out for me: a large horizontal scrollbar on every page, and the navigation crumbs not wrapping.

Correct, 1.2 don't have these two problems. wink

TBH, I prefer a horizontal scrollbar over not being able to read the text at all.

I'd check on my PDA, but I don't have WiFi at home.

5 (edited by thame^ 2008-02-01 22:17)

Sorry if I was unclear about this, but the horizontal scrollbar is present even when it shouldn't actually be there.  See, when scrolling it to the right, it scrolls to nothing but a blank background.  That's why it caught my eye.

http://i.ohok.nl/i/punbb-on-touch.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality picture, but that's with the horizontal scrollbar moved halfway.  I could scroll it all the way to the right and nothing but a white background would be visible.  It's not terribly cumbersome or anything like that, but it does look a little weird. Hope this helps anyway.

Looks like an iPhone Safari bug to me.