1 (edited by Lucas Malor 2008-02-02 23:49)

Topic: Obscured passwords

Why passwords in the install page are not hidden with asterisks? I know password errors are common, but there's a confirm box.

If someone want to see passwords, you can add a button to show/hide them.

Re: Obscured passwords

A) this has alredy been mentiond.

B) Like someone said, you dont exaclty intstall punbb with many if any people around ... so showing them inst a problem... The only possible flaw i see is when the password is rembmerd, like a textbox does, and you can see the paswords.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Conversely, however, you don't always do jobs like that when there isn't anyone around. Obscuring passwords is basic security. I personally could never understand why the installer password input boxes were of type text, rather than password. You can't always guarantee no-one will be around.

Alright, alright. I'll change it back. I used to have it as a password field and then people complained about that.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

5 (edited by Lucas Malor 2008-02-04 14:49)

Rickard wrote:

I used to have it as a password field and then people complained about that.

People are not ever happy big_smile

Anyway you could add a button with a javascript function that shows password as clear text

Done.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Alright, alright. I'll change it back. I used to have it as a password field and then people complained about that.

big_smile big_smile

Lucas Malor wrote:

Anyway you could add a button with a javascript function that shows password as clear text

If this is done, please ensure that that link only shows up if javascript is available (not everyone has javascript on).

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum