Topic: Additional menu items

If you put a link in Additional menu items like 9 = <a href="page.php">page</a>

When you are in the Administration section the link is admin/page.php and if you are on the index the link is page.php how it should be.

Re: Additional menu items

Indeed. That's not a bug, that's how HTML works tongue
You need to use either an absolute URL or a URL relative to the site root (starting with /)

hmm, that is a bit different then in 1.2.* then smile

The way HTML work does not change between PunBB versions, only the way the anchor element is parsed. Perhaps, in the script, the beginning "/" is missing compared to previous versions, making the URL relative instead of absolute. I'm not really sure lol

No, it's because in 1.3 the admin files were moved to their own folder.

As Bekko pointed out, the behavior is no different. You just never experienced it because a default PunBB does not have any files in a subfolder. wink

Maybe this should be explained in the manual?

Or they change it so we can use it as we always did smile wink

9 (edited by Jérémie 2008-02-05 05:50)

That will be quite complex, since any extenstion can add or rewrite the URL scheme to add for example virtual folders as needed. I can't imagine a single simple, fast, elegant solution to rewrite on the fly the html produce on this field with new relative URL; but maybe the dev will have one smile

As I can see it, this is not a bug, it's a small inevitable byproduct of the clean URL thing.

Since the field require HTML writing, assuming the guy who write it have at least a basic understanding of URLs, relative and absolute, is not s stretch in my opinion. As long as it's explained in the manual, since that's an issue easily overlooked.

10 (edited by MattF 2008-02-05 06:37)

Surely they should be automatically prefixed with the base uri. Seems logical now that relative uri's are no longer the norm?

MattF wrote:

Surely they should be automatically prefixed with the base uri. Seems logical now that relative uri's are no longer the norm?

Then we'll have the same problems we have with people complaining about the redirect function.

I happen to agree with Jérémie, if you're using HTML you should know how it works. We couldn't possibly write a regex that would match every possible HTML tag where you would use a URI and if we did, it would likely be slow.

kierownik: Again, it's exactly the same behavior. You would have the same issue in 1.2 with a subfolder. There's nothing to change. smile

ok, no problem, i was just wondering wink smile