Topic: new pages for extensions

Where are the extension developers supposed to add their pages for configuration etc.?
Can we just choose whatever we want like 'Management'->'Private Messaging' or should we create new files, or under extensions?
And where should we add it? (Which file, which hook?)

FluxBB - v1.4.8

Re: new pages for extensions

sorry to double post here, but nobody answers...

FluxBB - v1.4.8

Configuration page like the admin/options.php page? Use hooks in admin/options.php,

for every single mod?
where should the admin find the page (I mean the menu...)?

FluxBB - v1.4.8

Not every single extension needs its own page: most can simply add to an existing page via hooks wink
If an extension wants to add a page to the admin panel, it can either add a tab to the top (where Start, Settings, etc are) when appropriate or add to a submenu.

thx that did it for me wink

FluxBB - v1.4.8

For adding pages for extensions, we would need hooks in the pages where $pun_url is specified, too - or the extensions only work with one url scheme (at least if you use an existing page...)

FluxBB - v1.4.8

co_common? wink

can you edit it for all url schemes there?we

FluxBB - v1.4.8

10 (edited by elbekko 2008-02-04 14:30)

Just add in a switch and set the appropriate values to $pun_url.

ok... sad

FluxBB - v1.4.8

What did you expect?

that would be like a big mess... in my eyes

FluxBB - v1.4.8

You mean as opposed to having one hook per scheme, which would result in new schemes not having any $pun_url values for the extension? tongue

ok ok you won... wink

FluxBB - v1.4.8

but we still need a page for some extensions .. like custom page extension in the future ... how can we add or delete the pages ...

or the plugins etc ...

you can still do it .. by adding another url besides unistall and disible which points to extensions or plugins place

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

If your extension needs a page, it can write a page

Smartys wrote:

If your extension needs a page, it can write a page

Or you can put the page as a php file in the extension folder and use the URL rewriting system to make it appear wherever you want it. (as long as the rewriting system is in use) Or use misc.php, it's got a hook called mi_new_action that would do the job.

Yes, my intent was simply to say that there don't need to be "pages" for extensions as an actual physical entity. Extensions can generate what they need.