Topic: db_update.php

Line 335:
require PUN_ROOT.'style/'.$pun_user['style'].'/'.$pun_user['style'].'.php';

In 1.2.16, we created our own style and made it the default style. When running db_updated.php, we got the error on line 335 because it was looking for the style in a directory that did not existed since 1.2.16 was not structured that way for styles. We had to change to Oxygen in the database before we could run db_updated.php

Re: db_update.php

Well, the only time that situation would come up is when upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3, which means you should have 1.3's Oxygen in place. I'll just add a file_exists check.

Edit: Actually, this brings up some other issues. More discussion required!

I ran into the same problem.  My 1.2.16 system had a default style winter so when I ran the db_update, it failed at line 335 as stated in the first post.

1) Installed 1.3
2) Logon
3) Copy config.php from 1.2.16 to 1.3 system
4) Error in FUNCTION.php
5) Use the Config 1.3 Config
6) Run db_update and got the above message

I just put a dumb (0 sized) file here:

[$pun_root]/skin_name/skin_name.php

not quite the nicest thing, but'll do the job...

5 (edited by qubertman 2008-02-01 19:18)

Or you can download the latest db_update.php with the fix to give it a test drive.

6 (edited by fpouget 2008-02-04 20:54)

db_update.php (build 1450)
The special character are not converted properly the forum name on the forum table and the Category Name on the category table

Géomatique  --> G

I've too several mistakes on the index.php

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 7 of 21 bytes in /home/ftp/upload/www/forum2/index.php on line 189

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 23 of 38 bytes in /home/ftp/upload/www/forum2/index.php on line 189

may be is linked ?

Cheers

fpouget wrote:

The special character are not converted properly the forum name on the forum table and the Category Name on the category table

Géomatique  --> G

Hmm. It only affects forum names and category names? Usernames, posts, subject etc are converted correctly?

fpouget wrote:

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 7 of 21 bytes in /home/ftp/upload/www/forum2/index.php on line 189

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 23 of 38 bytes in /home/ftp/upload/www/forum2/index.php on line 189

may be is linked ?

Not linked. The index.php error is because there's something wrong with your array of moderators. Have you had any mod installed that fiddles with the moderators?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Hmm. It only affects forum names and category names? Usernames, posts, subject etc are converted correctly?

You are right I did the check to quickly I got the same problem with posts subject, category and forum name. But is ok for the Username .
I did a test few weeks ago (before the beta 1400) the username wasn't OK but all the rest was fine.

fpouget wrote:

may be is linked ?

Rickard wrote:

Not linked. The index.php error is because there's something wrong with your array of moderators. Have you had any mod installed that fiddles with the moderators?

Yes is linked with the UTF8 conversion

From Forums field Moderators

a:3:{s:5:"Bruno";i:9;s:12:"Pierre-Andr

the second username is cuted Pierre-André --> Pierre-Andr   and there is nothing behind, is why I've the unserialize() issue .

Cheers

fpouget wrote:

You are right I did the check to quickly I got the same problem with posts subject, category and forum name. But is ok for the Username .
I did a test few weeks ago (before the beta 1400) the username wasn't OK but all the rest was fine.

I doubt that there would be any difference between usernames and any of the other fields. We process everything in exactly the same way.

I'd be interested in knowing a little bit more about your situation. What character set is used for the forum pages as well as in the database for the pre-1.3 install and stuff like that. Ideally, I would like to get access to a database dump so I can do testing locally, but I understand if you can't do that.

fpouget wrote:

Yes is linked with the UTF8 conversion

From Forums field Moderators

a:3:{s:5:"Bruno";i:9;s:12:"Pierre-Andr

the second username is cuted Pierre-André --> Pierre-Andr   and there is nothing behind, is why I've the unserialize() issue .

You're absolutely right. I will fix it when I get back from work.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

10 (edited by fpouget 2008-02-05 13:56)

Let's me see what can I do to give you access. Where Should I send this ?

Edit: Send to your email

I discovered a bug in the charset conversion process. Could you give it a new go?

Looks fine for me !
Thanks smile