Topic: Check out my new forums

Hey guys, just thought I 'd say thanks, I've learnt a lot just by reading through the posts on this forum. Just thought I'd show you my new forums: http://www.apatheticrant.com/forums/index.php

What do you guys think? Can you think of any improvements?

Re: Check out my new forums

I totally digg that theme. Not sure the icons fit, but the rest of the theme make up for it.

Good stuff.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Yep, a nice styling job. Good work.

I'd make the 16x16 forum menu icons (transparent) GIF's though. PNG's don't display properly on some browsers (IE6) unless you tweak them, whereas GIF's work OK everywhere. You icons lose their transparency under IE6, resulting in some visual ugliness.

sirena wrote:

I'd make the 16x16 forum menu icons (transparent) GIF's though. PNG's don't display properly on some browsers (IE6) unless you tweak them, whereas GIF's work OK everywhere. You icons lose their transparency under IE6, resulting in some visual ugliness.

I'd always wondered what the trick was with IE in that regard. big_smile Must say though, I stick with png format just on principle.

I was going to make them gifs for that exact reason, but then I realised that the site doesn't behave particularly well in IE6 anyway, so I  didn't bother in the end.

.png should work fine in IE6 providing you use index transparency not alpha transparency. Its easy to do with Fireworks though I've never tried with any other software.

Excellent design, very nicely executed smile