Topic: Silent Edits for Moderators

Moderators don't have Silent Edits function to forums they are not assigned to. It would be nice to have this feature globally without having to assign them to all forums.

Re: Silent Edits for Moderators

It's an easy change, but I'm not sure that's what we want.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Moderators should not have silent edit function in forums they are not assigned to. tongue

StevenBullen wrote:

Moderators should not have silent edit function in forums they are not assigned to. tongue

I understand. This request is to allow moderators to edit their own postings without the "Edited by" for forums they are not moderators. They don't understand why they have that function in some of the forums and not all the forums. Then I would have to explain to them or make them moderators to all the forums.

qubertman wrote:
StevenBullen wrote:

I understand. This request is to allow moderators to edit their own postings without the "Edited by" for forums they are not moderators. They don't understand why they have that function in some of the forums and not all the forums. Then I would have to explain to them or make them moderators to all the forums.

I understand your point. But I always felt that silent edit is a kind of moderation anyway so its something you get as moderator.