Topic: Checkbox for Select All

Users > Searches > Results page

Please consider adding a checkbox for Select All that will toggle selecting/deselecting all checkboxes.

Re: Checkbox for Select All

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4600
Oh, so long ago tongue
We probably should consider adding some Javascript to toggle all checkboxes for a given form and then adding appropriate links to do so.

Smartys wrote:

We probably should consider adding some Javascript to toggle all checkboxes for a given form and then adding appropriate links to do so.

reminder - all javascript used should be an enhancement and not a requirement. Any javascript only links should only appear when javascript is enabled.

but you knew all that didn't you.

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

Yes, he knows smile

smile

I've just coded a form with a 'subscribe to all' checkbox - it works with or without javascript which is nice. the javascript just enhances the thing by 'checking' all the boxes.

byUsers forum

What if you want to use the "Check all" option to toggle say 25 checkboxes on and then uncheck a couple of them.  In some ways I have the feeling that the alternative where javascript is disabled is to not have any trace of a check all option. That fits in with progressive enhancement practice since its a non essential convenience feature which you only get if you allow js. The absence of check all where js is disabled just leaves users in the same position they are in now having to manually check all checkboxes.

I second what Paul said

Paul is correct - In was just saying that it is possible to have a choose all option. My coding was for a newsletter - the  check all had the text - subscribe to all. So it all depends on the wording, and application. Sounds like it wouldn't be suitable here though...

byUsers forum