Topic: Errors in most of language pack

In the latest installation today i still found major problem in using multiple language. I suggest if we don't update the language packs then ateast keep english in all other language so user doesn't get tons of errors.. what u think ?

Re: Errors in most of language pack

I don't follow. 1.3 currently only has one language pack and thats English and even that needs some work done on it.

3 (edited by PunBG 2008-02-18 17:40)

Definetely should fix this bug. User should choose installation language. Otherwise why we translate install.php in Lang directory?

PunBG wrote:

Definetely should fix this bug. User should choose installation language. Otherwise why we translate install.php in Lang directory?

We're still deciding the best way to give the user that choice. However, as far as I can tell, that's not what this topic is talking about. Then again, I'm really not sure what the person is trying to say tongue

Well ideally providing installation in user choice language is the best way. When i start using 1.3 beta i didn't know its dosn't have support for the other languages and was trying to use the wrong language packs. But right now even in the 1.2.17 if user are posting in multiple languages then it can't show the posts and this issues causing problems. I post that in other thread. But multiple language support is becoming more and more important in future and user are demanding that.

It does have support for other languages. People simply haven't written the other language packs because this is still a beta and the files are subject to change. And 1.3 aims to address the problem you brought up with 1.2.17, which is inherent in not using UTF-8. wink

Thank you, looking forward for version 1.3