26 (edited by StevenBullen 2008-01-02 12:09)

Re: PunBB 1.3 (Latest SVN)

Now on 1226... smile

Well guys now on 1262.... Quite a few revisions since I started the first SVN demo. Well over a 100 in fact...

Well done team... so far tongue

I'm simply amazed, can't wait to see the final product, kudos to the dev team.

Rev: 1366 (47 changsets in 3 days)... very nice. big_smile

Keep up the good work guys....
Plus as I use ie7 at work.... Im well pleased with the lastest few changesets that fix the admin side. smile Cheers paul.

StevenBullen wrote:

Rev: 1366 (47 changsets in 3 days)... very nice. big_smile

1371 now! Just can't keep up.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/245/22912058zq8.png

A bit "strange". hmm

Welcome to my WoW guild site, the Eternal Reach.

You can also visit Chita, a site built by me, a feral paradise for feline animals.

We're considering getting rid of the footer completely.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Ok I have now moved the live demo to www.demo.pundemo.org. It now AUTO updates and has NO adverts.

Meowmeow wrote:

They say the installation of PunBB is "hard"...

Was this the installation of 1.2 or 1.3 that they were commenting on?  I don't see how anyone could consider the installation of 1.2 hard.  You insert your database details, account, password, e-mail, etc., and you are good to go.  Every other forum and almost every other script I have used installs the same way.  The only exception is PHPnuke, which you don't want to use, anyway.  I can't comment on 1.3 because I have not used it, but I will assume that it isn't hard to install.

penguindeluxe wrote:
Meowmeow wrote:

They say the installation of PunBB is "hard"...

Was this the installation of 1.2 or 1.3 that they were commenting on?  I don't see how anyone could consider the installation of 1.2 hard.  You insert your database details, account, password, e-mail, etc., and you are good to go.  Every other forum and almost every other script I have used installs the same way.  The only exception is PHPnuke, which you don't want to use, anyway.  I can't comment on 1.3 because I have not used it, but I will assume that it isn't hard to install.

Watch their video install, they tried to install it when the most recent release wasn't linked to directly from the downloads page wink

Fixed a few problems with auto refresh. Should all be sorted now. smile

StevenBullen wrote:

check out your update script. All the links are broken, I would guess your update script is not updating .htaccess.

pedrotuga wrote:
StevenBullen wrote:

check out your update script. All the links are broken, I would guess your update script is not updating .htaccess.

Cheers. Sorted now. wink

Smartys & Co.
Any ideas how I can make it impossible for people to put the forum in "Maintenance mode". Because the SVN is updated automatically and the DB is reset regularly.

This evening I will change the DB reset to less time which will fix it in the mean while.

disable the maint mode button ?

41 (edited by StevenBullen 2008-04-08 11:46)

Mark wrote:

disable the maint mode button ?

Disabling maint is not a problem...

But it is automated, so if I change the code to disable it and PunBB change the code on that page it will go back to normal. Im after a way of disabling it automatically (i.e. after the new svn gets transferred/updated).

svn update merges in changes, it doesn't overwrite them. The worst case is you have a conflict, which would result in a parse error.
The easiest fix would be to define PUN_TURN_OFF_MAINT in include/essentials.php

Smartys wrote:

svn update merges in changes, it doesn't overwrite them. The worst case is you have a conflict, which would result in a parse error.
The easiest fix would be to define PUN_TURN_OFF_MAINT in include/essentials.php

Cheers I will sort that this evening. smile