Topic: A stupid question im sure...

Im having issues that i hope some kind soul can help me with.
Im brand new to web hosting, punbb and allllll thats related, but id like to set the forum up for myself and the people i work with.
Ive bought linux hosting with godaddy and a domain registered there www.deadlyintentionsonline.com, ive uploaded the contents of the upload file to my webhost via fireftp, but when i type in my domain name it just tells me it cant find the server sad
What am i doing so wrong lol, once i get past this i will work with trial and error to install the rest, but i just cant seem to get started!

A screenshot of my root files

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5966/ssac0.jpg

sad

Re: A stupid question im sure...

You have to set up your domain name to point to your hosting. This is a GoDaddy issue, not a PunBB issue. wink

I know sad
Im so stuck lol, i guess this was a last resort tongue
my domain name is hosted with them so i guess i just assumed that was already done.
Ill run off and see if i can figure out how to do it

Thanks for replying smile

I have just taken a loot at the domain and seems that it is now resolving to your  forum board now.

Basically, after a domain registrations, you will still need to change the domain nameserver record of the newly registered domain to point to the nameserver pair given by your web host, usually you will have this info available after receiving the login info of your hosting account upon signup.

After successfully changing the domain  nameserver record, you will have to wait for 24-48 hours for the update to propagate out to internet, this is to allow every ISP to pick up the new domain record and recognize where it should direct traffic that is requesting for the domain within it's network.