Topic: vaildations errors

i have too many vaildation errors that i dont know how to fix ... and what is vaildations any way

here look

www.sportstv.co.cc (look down at the copyright stats ... you will see a vaildate button click on it or see)
or
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% … Findex.php

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

2 (edited by lie2815 2008-03-04 15:25)

Re: vaildations errors

Validation is about having your code standardized...

for errors 1-3: replace "<meta ...>" with "<meta .../>"
for error 4: you have to add the following tag to the end of your search form (nest it correctly!!!): "</form>"
for errors 5-7: replace these attributes with the correct css styling (add the attribut style...)
for error 8: use span rather than font (do the styling with css, see above)
for error 9: remove the language attribute
for error 10: i am not sure, but remove the line break before the ending ">" of the keywords meta tag...
the other ones might be gone automatically when you fix these... try them first and lets see what you get then...

FluxBB - v1.4.8

check again .. now i have 5 vaildations which i dont understand ... i corrected the mega and form porblems ..

find

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

replace with

<script type="text/javascript">

and in your announcement, find

<font size="4" color="#FF0000" face="Arial">This Site is Moved to
<a href="http://www.Sportstv.co.cc">www.Sportstv.co.cc</a> . The Next time you 
want to open this Site then Open it in the New Address ... The Old One will not 
work after some while.</font>

and replace with

<span style="color: #FF0000; font-family: Arial; font-size: 2em;">This Site is Moved to
<a href="http://www.Sportstv.co.cc">www.Sportstv.co.cc</a> . The Next time you 
want to open this Site then Open it in the New Address ... The Old One will not 
work after some while.</span>

And you're done...

FluxBB - v1.4.8

thanks alot ... it solved the probelm ... thanks again

Why did you take the valid xhtml logo off???

FluxBB - v1.4.8

lie2815 wrote:

Why did you take the valid xhtml logo off???

which vaild xhtml logo??

at the bottom of your page, you have two logs, they are both "valid css", one should be "valid xhtml" (that's what you corrected...)

FluxBB - v1.4.8

lie2815 wrote:

at the bottom of your page, you have two logs, they are both "valid css", one should be "valid xhtml" (that's what you corrected...)

ok i cant understand u and the code of my site ... could u tell me what to add or remove or replace ...

it will be greatfull ... thanks

i guess it is in the include/templates/main.tpl file. if not, it is in the footer.php file

FluxBB - v1.4.8

oh corrected that ... but i see more valdates errors .. didnt changed any thing ... now its 12 errors ... man

when I check there are no problems...

FluxBB - v1.4.8

lie2815 wrote:

when I check there are no problems...

ok thats odd ..

when i check the index page it has no errors ...but when i check the arcade page and the forum page it have 11 and 13 errors

does this has different errors in different pages ... if that how can we correct it all

You have unclosed meta tags.

ok guys i added this to my tpl files ...

<meta name="description" content="Watch live all the Sports (Football, Cricket, Wrestling and All other Sports) online and also discuss it in forums... Daily links ... also download Softwares, Games, Movies. Online Tv, P2P Tv etc"/>
<meta name="keywords" content="cricket, cricket scores, live cricket, one-day internationals, ODIs, Sports, India, Pakistan, England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, ICC, Cricket News, live streaming, free cricket match, live scores, test matches, oneday cricket, tests, ODI, sports, live, World Cup, Sopcast, Sopcast Streams, Tvants, Tvants streams, Sopcast links, tvants links, live streams,sport, scores, live, audio, video, Test matches, streams, winamp, winamp streams, windows media, windows media streams, tv, live tv cricket, live satalite, satalite, satalite tv, p2p, highlights, cricket highlights, live cricket world, cricketstreams, live football, football, wrestling, realmadrid, barcelona, liverpool, arsenal, manchester united, chelsea, ac milan, inter milan, juventus, ayax, newcastle, england, brazil, france, spain, argintina, football streams, football links, sopcast, tvu, sopcast link, tvu link, p2p tv, p2p.eu, action8cricket, free-football-tv, livefootballonpc"/>
<meta name="author" content="SuperMAG"/>
<meta name="verify-v1" content="MiWdzEWJCQppASR5UumLH64gv81VNyPPjMAlVSDnGe8=" />

is there any thing not right ... is it the slash at the end ....

thanks

That looks correct.

There is supposed to be a space before the slash.

ohh .. let me change it now

now look at the forum page .. i corrected it like this and the new type of error appear ...

<meta name="description" content="Watch live all the Sports (Football, Cricket, Wrestling and All other Sports) online and also discuss it in forums... Daily links ... also download Softwares, Games, Movies. Online Tv, P2P Tv etc" />
<meta name="keywords" content="cricket, cricket scores, live cricket, one-day internationals, ODIs, Sports, India, Pakistan, England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, ICC, Cricket News, live streaming, free cricket match, live scores, test matches, oneday cricket, tests, ODI, sports, live, World Cup, Sopcast, Sopcast Streams, Tvants, Tvants streams, Sopcast links, tvants links, live streams,sport, scores, live, audio, video, Test matches, streams, winamp, winamp streams, windows media, windows media streams, tv, live tv cricket, live satalite, satalite, satalite tv, p2p, highlights, cricket highlights, live cricket world, cricketstreams, live football, football, wrestling, realmadrid, barcelona, liverpool, arsenal, manchester united, chelsea, ac milan, inter milan, juventus, ayax, newcastle, england, brazil, france, spain, argintina, football streams, football links, sopcast, tvu, sopcast link, tvu link, p2p tv, p2p.eu, action8cricket, free-football-tv, livefootballonpc"  />
<meta name="author" content="SuperMAG" />
<meta name="verify-v1" content="MiWdzEWJCQppASR5UumLH64gv81VNyPPjMAlVSDnGe8=" />

The output page seems to be using upper case for tag names and attributes which is wrong.

Paul wrote:

The output page seems to be using upper case for tag names and attributes which is wrong.

did understand you quite well ... can u show me what to add or delete or replace

Uppercase = THIS IS UPPERCASE
Lowercase = this is lowercase

elbekko wrote:

Uppercase = THIS IS UPPERCASE
Lowercase = this is lowercase

ok  that gived a little tip ... but still dont know what should i change to lowercase

The validator link in your first post says that that page is valid, so I guess it's all fixed now.

no its not ... look at other pages like forum and arcade and download and posts ... etc