Re: PunBB 1.2.17

still dont know what i change in config.php ... can some one show me a real example

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

$cookie_seed. Add some extra, random, alphanumeric characters to that string.

MattF wrote:

$cookie_seed. Add some extra, random, alphanumeric characters to that string.

example please

SuperMAG,

For example you have this line in your config.php:

$cookie_seed = 'xxxxxxxx';

Then replace it with something like this:

$cookie_seed = 'xxxxxxxx275be39a';

or this:

$cookie_seed = '275be39axxxxxxxx';

or this:

$cookie_seed = '275be39fewqhf342qw4132oh423fdiuqwha';

or this:

$cookie_seed = '21212121dsafasxxxxxxxxfdsffafa3123123';

I hope it's clear now.

Thanks guys for the update!

seleterresis6 wrote:

SuperMAG,

For example you have this line in your config.php:

$cookie_seed = 'xxxxxxxx';

Then replace it with something like this:

$cookie_seed = 'xxxxxxxx275be39a';

or this:

$cookie_seed = '275be39axxxxxxxx';

or this:

$cookie_seed = '275be39fewqhf342qw4132oh423fdiuqwha';

or this:

$cookie_seed = '21212121dsafasxxxxxxxxfdsffafa3123123';

I hope it's clear now.

Thanks guys for the update!

yea ,,,,,,,,,, thankkkks alooot thats very clear ,,, thanks

Something odd I nnoticed with this new update.
I have 1.2.16 installed so I just downloaded the modified files.

If I overwrite my login.php with the new one, I can't logout >.>  Clicking it simply refreshes the page or something of the sort.

Did you also update include/functions.php? And are you logging out using the links generated by the generate_navlinks function? You can tell by looking at the URL it links to: if it has "csrf_token=" and then some letters/numbers in it, that link should work.

33 (edited by flam 2008-02-23 22:28)

My logout button goes through login.php?action=out&id=2 (my id)

But could it be that this mod causing issues with the new update: http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=438 ?

No.
You need to make sure your logout links are changed the way the ones in include/functions.php are.

Congratulations!

Seem like I'm just in time for the new release. Great!

I am a Web developer graduated from an Australia.
I provide free help and share great free tips such as Web design tips and Web hosting tips.

(1) Is it possible to get a step by step tutorial about the exact code changes in the changed files from 1.2.16 so that I can do them manually. These changed files on My PunBB have been modded so I have to do the changes manually.

(2) Also, my mods have added some extra tables in the mysql database. Will the db upgrader script keep those while upgrading the 1.2.16 db to 1.2.17 or remove them?

(3) I don't mind if the version number remains as 1.2.16. Are there any other bug fixes in the db upgrader script? Can I leave out the db upgradation? Thanks.

http://punbb.org/download/hdiff/hdiff-1 … .2.17.html

Regarding hdiff, in include/common.php, you added a test :

if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '4.2.0', '<'))

Ok.
But in the next file (of the hdiff), include/functions.php, u use a function (sha1) which is ONLY AVAILABLE in PHP 4.3.0 and sup. (dixit manual).
What's the logical out there ?
(note: and sha1 is used in install.php whereas a strict test is done at beginning of the same file for assuring we're using at least 4.1 version, not 4.3).

I know future 1.3 will require at least PHP 4.3, but was thinking this applies ONLY to 1.3 branch.
So :
- is this a mistake ?
- or has this "1.2.17 update" raised the requirements for 1.2 branch ? (and in this case, u should mention it on the changelog, and modify the initial test in install.php)

Mpok: You're right, that was my mistake in writing the change. I've corrected it in SVN. My apologies to anyone running < 4.3, although I would suggest that they upgrade anyway: they're almost 6 years out of date.

41 (edited by hurry 2008-03-02 10:47)

Thanks. Is it ok if I just make the changes in the files without upgrading the database by running the db upgrader script? Or can I please know only the specific db query which has to be run for upgrading from 1.2.16 to 1.2.17?

My mods have added some extra tables in the mysql database. Will the db upgrader script keep those while upgrading the 1.2.16 db to 1.2.17 or remove them?

Can anyone please answer my previous question? Thank you.

The update script will not remove extra tables.

44 (edited by wobo 2008-03-08 11:55)

After updating (did it manually by using diff on each changed file because I am using the MegaPun version) I realized a problem with the edit function. When I edit a posting I posted earlier the icon bar in the editor does not work. A click on any icon in that bar (B, i, URL, smilie, etc.) results in submitting the posting at once, without processing the function I wanted to do.

wobo

FSFE Fellow #359 - The Freedom of Knowledge is a Human Right

Talk to the MegaPun people, that's not a PunBB problem wink

Is the icon bar of the editor a MOD? I did not know that.

I did not change any line of code which was added by MODs. I took the original 1.2.15 PunBB and made a diff with 1.2.17, then changed all those lines which were changed there. I did not touch any other code. So, something in the update has an influence on the behavior of the editor.

wobo

FSFE Fellow #359 - The Freedom of Knowledge is a Human Right

...which is something the MegaPun developers can deal with, not us. We're not familiar with the modification, whereas they are. Therefore, if something with it breaks, they're the ones who need to figure out why.

48 (edited by tcea 2008-03-21 23:32)

Hello, i have a punbb forum installed since 2005, tried another forums (phpbb, bvulletin) but punbb worked just fine for me.

Never updated anything (when something just works... let it work i think).

Now with this version, i had some issues

- erased messages (!)
- double log-in
- Slow navigation (that's the server...)

I'm not complaining or anything, just that facts.
http://xxxxxxx

That's my forum, updated to the latest version Re-Writing the files with no backup (i know, i know).

That's my case.
Thank you.

erased messages? I don't know what that means, it's not possible that updating the forum would do that.
As for double login, I usually see that in sites that are accessible both with and without the www., like yours is. You can either redirect all traffic to one of the two or set $cookie_domain in config.php to .forocure.com.ar

Thank you, the login is working fine right now.

For 'erased messages' i mean:
Some users post messages and the next day, they are gone (the messages).

And i did not do that.
Im the only admin.

Are there some security issues i should work on?
is that possible (messages gone) without a hack situation?

So thank you again
tcea