Topic: PunHooks - the PunBB extension developer portal

http://lie2815.heliohost.org

Welcome to PunHooks, the PunBB extension developer portal!
The goal of this portal is absolutely not to be something like PunRes. Not at all. As you can read in the PunBB developer's blog, Jansson is planning on making PunRes a pure extension portal - for those who want to download and use extensions and not for those who are developing them.
I also recently read a post over at PunRes, that all discussions regarding modding PunBB will be moved to the official PunBB site. That's not my aim either.
I am only trying to provide functions for extension developers who need help with programming or workarounds. They can also get help with programming more effectively. Also, a very important thing for me was compatibility. I know it won't always be possible to make every extension run properly with any other extension, but I am sure it is possible to minimize these cases.

*PunBB 1.3 is the best forum I've seen so far. Thanks again to the developers.*

Hoping you will like PunHooks as much as I do wink
lie2815

FluxBB - v1.4.8

2 (edited by lie2815 2008-03-12 12:09)

Re: PunHooks - the PunBB extension developer portal

the server doesn't seem to work right now

EDIT: works now. Please come and join

FluxBB - v1.4.8

Isn't this part of the idea of PunXS? The 1.3 version of PunRes.

This couldn't be done at punbb.org? Less forums/sites to check on a single topic would be better for everyone, in my humble opinion.

Jérémie wrote:

This couldn't be done at punbb.org? Less forums/sites to check on a single topic would be better for everyone, in my humble opinion.

I don't think these two forums are about the same topic. Also, PunBB.org doesn't provide the functionality PunHooks does. It is your opinion and it is just a try...

FluxBB - v1.4.8

Jérémie wrote:

Less forums/sites to check on a single topic would be better for everyone, in my humble opinion.

Agree with Jérémie on that point.
I didn't really understand what is ur objective lie2815... and furthermore what will distinguish ur site from punbb.org.
When the extension system would be on, ALL the support will tend towards extensions only, and so will punbb.org, i guess.
Then, having a separate site dealing with extensions only is useless.
What u described is just what punbb.org WILL BE IN THE FUTURE (i.m.o.)...

nope PunHooks is about developing the extension. It is not about support for them, it is for those who create them to get help. Did you look at it already? It sums up all the hooks etc...
I just uploaded my projects...

FluxBB - v1.4.8

8 (edited by lie2815 2008-03-25 17:21)

I just wrote the first tutorial.
Maybe this will help making somebody register wink roll

FluxBB - v1.4.8