Topic: Silent edit

Hi

I was just looking at the live demo for PunBB 1.3 and when I edit a post, leaving Silent edit on, it does not display the "Last edited by.." line, and when I edit the post again, now unchecking Silent edit, it displays "Last edited by..". Everything ok for now smile But when I edit this post again, and I leave Silent edit on, it stills shows (the previous) "Last edited by..". I'm not sure whether this is really a bad thing, but when I read the description next to it ("don't display "Last edited by ?" in topic view"), it's not really what is does smile It does not display the last edit. Maybe it's better to remove it too, but that's for you folks to decide, just thought mentioning it.

Anyhow, looking forward using the new PunBB, great job!

Bye

Re: Silent edit

Nope, it's the correct behavior, it doesn't note that an edit has taken place at that point: it doesn't wipe out the fact that previous edits have occured. I'll see if I can make the wording explain that a little better.

Silent edit (don't display "Edited by ..." in topic view for this edit)

Permanently, I remove those feature.
Personally, I dont like that. I want to see, Moderator performance (I dont trust them all) smile

PunBB, Simplicity has been easier than before
Smart is Simple. Fast is Smart. Think Fast, You'll be Smart..

regards,
PunBB & SMF Fans

FBI wrote:

Permanently, I remove those feature.
Personally, I dont like that. I want to see, Moderator performance (I dont trust them all) smile

It would be better to enclose the silent edit option within an admin check. That way, you still have the option of using it as admin, but moderators don't.

yups, thats good choice

PunBB, Simplicity has been easier than before
Smart is Simple. Fast is Smart. Think Fast, You'll be Smart..

regards,
PunBB & SMF Fans

Paul wrote:

Silent edit (don't display "Edited by ..." in topic view for this edit)

Should it be "Last edited by ..."?

Yup, fixed