Topic: can't logout

I cant seem to logout, when i press logout it just appears to refresh the page. I even didnt visit my own forum for 3 days and when i returned i was still logged in, and still couldnt log out.

Re: can't logout

Moved to Troubleshooting, since I doubt it's a PunBB bug.
Have you upgraded to 1.2.17?

yes, using latest version.

What did you do before it started? Any mods or such? Moved hosts? Or did it just appear, as such? Is anyone else experiencing the problem?

5 (edited by kierownik 2008-03-26 19:26)

Does your logout link look like this?

http://sitename.nl/login.php?action=out&id=2&csrf_token=b2593ce435b2038f1420f3754e108cec236abdf0

6 (edited by lee.a 2008-03-27 22:59)

what file do i look in to find the code?

Hovering over the logout link produces this link:

mysite.com/login.php?action=out&id=12&csrf_token=c48cfbd406d550e36cf4a10286057564f7597674

7 (edited by yemgi 2008-03-27 23:00)

On the page where you have the logout link, hover the link with your mouse you should see the url in the status bar

Is the link i posted what it is supposed to be?

Post the link to your forum.

lee.a wrote:

Is the link i posted what it is supposed to be?

That's fine.

but it doesnt log me out

lee.a wrote:

but it doesnt log me out

Obviously, otherwise you wouldn't have created this thread. Again, post the link to your forum.

I'm having the same problem. I applied the patch for 1.2.17, and my logout link does not include the csrf_token.

14 (edited by MattF 2008-03-28 17:17)

er0k wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I applied the patch for 1.2.17, and my logout link does not include the csrf_token.

Then the patch hasn't applied correctly, (which will happen if your forums are modified). Manually look at the patch and apply the changes in functions.php for the logout link.

Yup, that did it. I guess it was the PunPortal mod that prevented the patch from working on functions.php. I replaced

$links[] = '<li id="portalnavlogout"><a href="login.php?action=out&id='.$pun_user['id'].'">'.$lang_common['Logout'].'</a>';

with

$links[] = '<li id="portalnavlogout"><a href="login.php?action=out&id='.$pun_user['id'].'&csrf_token='.sha1($pun_user['id'].sha1(get_remote_address())).'">'.$lang_common['Logout'].'</a>';

and

$links[] = '<li id="navlogout"><a href="login.php?action=out&id='.$pun_user['id'].'">'.$lang_common['Logout'].'</a>';

with

$links[] = '<li id="navlogout"><a href="login.php?action=out&id='.$pun_user['id'].'&csrf_token='.sha1($pun_user['id'].sha1(get_remote_address())).'">'.$lang_common['Logout'].'</a>';

Thanks smile

You're welcome. smile

HEHE~
  thank  you     for    your   sharing      and    welcome   to    our    website /  here    you    will    find    some   thing    just     you   never     know     before!

A gold website forwarcraft goldand
ffxi gilsevise.