Topic: Total subscription

I?m not a programmer, just user of PunBB forum. I have question and problem. Is it possible to set forum parameters to send e-mail to all registered users every time somebody write any post or new topic.

Re: Total subscription

Moved to PunBB Discussion
No, that's a feature that fairly few people want or need. The number of emails sent out would be huge for any but the smallest setups.

Is it possible to use plugin "Broadcast Email" for instance executing it automatically (with fixed text to all users) on the end of accepting new post or new topic? Sorry for my maybe incompetence, but I looking for any solution.

No, since the broadcast email plugin is meant to be run from within the admin interface by a browser. Similar code could be used to make such a modification though.

If you want this kind of setup I think it is better to use a mailinglist in stead of a forum.

It would be very useful though to be able to automatically subscribe certain users to all new topics.

The situation is that someone has only GPRS mobile data access (i.e. not 3G) while they are away from base, so using the web is not practical. However, they still need to keep up to date with postings.

Would this be possible?

As a modification? Certainly.

So how do I request this now, Smartys? And when could I reasonably expect the mod to be available?

There isn't really a system for requesting modifications. You could ask over at PunRes and see if anyone is interested in doing it. smile