Topic: How to send a welcome email when email verification is set to off?

Hello,

I am sure there should be a way to do this, but I am just not able to figure out where the setting could be. Thing is, I wish to turn off new email verification to bypass the hassle of the users having to register, get a temporary random password and then figure out how to change it. However, I wish to send them an email welcoming them to the community as well as the information about their username and password for future reference. How do I go about accomplishing this?

Thanks!

Re: How to send a welcome email when email verification is set to off?

Edit register.php? The code would be similar to the other code you're referring to, just without an if statement wink

Thanks Smartys. I need a little more help since I am not exactly familiar with PHP.

I copied and pasted this code somewhere in the middle of the register.php page:

{
        // Load the "welcome" template
        $mail_tpl = trim(file_get_contents(PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/mail_templates/welcome.tpl'));

// The first row contains the subject
        $first_crlf = strpos($mail_tpl, "\n");
        $mail_subject = trim(substr($mail_tpl, 8, $first_crlf-8));
        $mail_message = trim(substr($mail_tpl, $first_crlf));

$mail_subject = str_replace('<board_title>', $pun_config['o_board_title'], $mail_subject);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<base_url>', $pun_config['o_base_url'].'/', $mail_message);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<username>', $username, $mail_message);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<password>', $password1, $mail_message);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<login_url>', $pun_config['o_base_url'].'/login.php', $mail_message);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<board_mailer>', $pun_config['o_board_title'].' '.$lang_common['Mailer'], $mail_message);

pun_mail($email1, $mail_subject, $mail_message);

message($lang_register['Reg e-mail'].' <a href="mailto:'.$pun_config['o_admin_email'].'">'.$pun_config['o_admin_email'].'</a>.', true);
    }

I checked it and the mail is being sent perfectly. smile

However, I would like to modify the content of the mail a little. For example, I would like to remove the word "Mailer" from the 'From', remove the line asking them to login to activate and instead have a welcome sentence. Where do I edit the variables in?

Regards.

You don't need the {}s surrounding it.
And if you want to change the text of the email, you should probably create a new template, edit that, and then change this line

$mail_tpl = trim(file_get_contents(PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/mail_templates/welcome.tpl'));

to refer to the new file.

After about an hour of tweaking, I managed to get it setup exactly the way I wanted it. Thanks a lot for your help! smile

Good day!