Topic: New Forum Without E-Mail Notification

Hello,

I need to add a "test" forum to a PunBB that does not send out a new post e-mail notification to members.  Is there a way to do this? This whole thing has just kinda been dropped in my lap so I really am clueless about how to do this.

Re: New Forum Without E-Mail Notification

Check Admin - Options - Registration... then switch "Email Verify registrations" to off. wink

Steven,

Thanks for the quick reply. However look as I might I can not find that option under Administration.  I believe the site must be running a modified version of PunBB or something because the version it displays is 1.2.8 and I see 1.2.17 advertised here on this site as the latest and greatest.  It is kind of odd not to have a way to disable e-mail notifications, that is why i suspect it has been modified in some way.  Is there a way to maybe modify group permissions as being "not allowed" to receive e-mail notifications of new posts in a particular forum?

I have misread the original topic. Doh!
Does your board send a mail out to ALL members when something is posted?

A major note... and I am sure smartys and co will agree. If your running 1.2.8 you really should upgrade... Been some major security fixes since then. wink

Steven,

Yes it sends a a notification out to all members of the BB, and I do plan on eventually upgrading the whole site but until I get approval to do so I am left with the original workings.  The basic story of the site is that it is a intellegence site for law enforcement in a specific geographic area and there is only one category and 7 forums inside that category including my test forum, and generally speaking we want a email notification to go out on all posts to all forums except the training forum I just added.

Cordially,

James

Ooh, what an interesting usage smile
Yup, sending out emails to everyone on every post is a modification. Probably in post.php. Putting an if statement around the code that sends them out to exclude a certain forum ID is probably easiest.