1 (edited by hurry 2008-04-11 14:39)

Topic: Blog like Style for PunBB

Greetings. PunBB 1.2.x is so fast and light that I now find wordpress, blogger etc. too slow for even my blogging requirements. Neither can I find any other blog script which is faster than PunBB. I want to use PunBB for my blog. For this, I would need a Blog type style for PunBB. Does anything like it already exist and would be it be possible to build a style with a blog-like interface for PunBB? Thanks for any help.

Re: Blog like Style for PunBB

have you seen sBlog

Thanks for showing the sBlog. But I have already setup my PunBB forum with many mods and it is still very fast. I just want to duplicate the same PunBB forum setup but with a Blog style for my Blog.

Soonotes released a blog addon for PunBB. Do a search over on Punres for it. smile

has someone created a sblog to punbb integration mod?

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

I checked the Soonotes mod. I think I now know what I need exactly. I need a simple MOD to make the posts in a specific forum appear like a blog, appearing in descending order by date with full post text, titles of each post linked to their anchors in their respective topics, comment on this post link at the bottom of each post,  and pagination (10 full posts on each page) which is already present in PunBB viewforum.php. Does something like this already exist?

Anyone can help or guide me on this one? Is this even possible? Thanks.

Have a look at Rickard's 'News Generator' extension downloadable off punbb.org, and also some of the variations/tweaks to it that have been discussed in this forum. I suspect it might come very close to meeting your requirements.