Topic: got an error

Notice: Undefined variable: ext_info in /home/supermag/public_html/prosgate/viewtopic.php(469) : eval()'d code on line 55

i dont if it is caused by an extension or orignal code ... but look at it :

http://supermag.woeps.com/prosgate/topi … kages.html

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Re: got an error

That's caused by an extension.

so any one know which extension ... so it can be fixed by its author

Of course we do, because we're magic and know exactly what extensions you have installed and how they're interacting. roll
Seriously, you can not expect people to do everything for you. You are the one who knows your setup best and you are the one who has control over your site. YOU need to be the one to enable/disable extensions to figure out which one (or combination of ones) is failing. smile

5 (edited by SuperMAG 2008-04-20 20:14)

Smartys wrote:

Of course we do, because we're magic and know exactly what extensions you have installed and how they're interacting. roll
Seriously, you can not expect people to do everything for you. You are the one who knows your setup best and you are the one who has control over your site. YOU need to be the one to enable/disable extensions to figure out which one (or combination of ones) is failing. smile

well you could just ask the list of extensions .. not give me a lecture .. i am not a kid you know... i was busy ... just told u about the error ... didnt had time for arguments with you .. as i know what would be the result ...

here:

Title: Profile About Subscriptions Link Enabled
Version: 1.0.0
Author:  Dervish Doughnut
Description:

This extension adds a "Your subscriptions" (as seen on the search page) link to each users profile about page.
    This new link is only available and visible for the profile's owner.
    All language variables are internal and from PunBB, so this extension should work with all supported locales.

Title: Ajax Post Edit Enabled
Version: 1.5
Author: Daris
Description: This extension allows quickly edit post

Title: BBCode Bar Enabled
Version: 1.0b
Author: Franz Liedke (lie2815)
Description: This extension adds bar with buttons on top of the post fields.

Title: Clear Cache Enabled
Version: 1.0
Author: kierownik
Description: With this extension you can rebuild your cache files.

Title: Custom Registration Timeout Enabled
Version: 2.0
Author: El Bekko
Description: Allows you to set a custom timeout between the registration of two IP addresses.

Title: Deleted Posts Log Enabled
Version: 2.0b
Author: Franz Liedke
Description: This extension provides a log of all deleted posts and the ability to restore these posts or delete them forever.

Title: Extension Development Enabled
Version: 0.3
Author: Mannungo
Description: Force re-create all extension from scratch

Title: Last Post Subject on Forum Index / Linkify poster links Enabled
Version: 1.5
Author: StevenBullen
Description: This will add the subject of the last post under the last post column on the index page and will add a link to the persons profile. Now can be tailored for your needs via admin menu.

Title: List Extensions Enabled
Author: kierownik
Description: This extension lets you generate Your list of extensions that you can post on your forum.

Title: Newsletter Enabled
Version: 1.0b
Author: Franz Liedke (lie2815)
Description: This extension adds a newsletter function to the forum (with newsletter panel for the Portal extension.

Title: Portal Enabled
Version: 2.15
Description: Adds a portal to forum

Title: PunGeSHi (GeSHi for Punbb 1.3) Enabled
Version: 0.97
Author: Abdoul Malick CISSE
Description: Veuillez lire le fichier lisez_moi.txt pour une description de cette extension.

Title: Refresh hooks Enabled
Version: 2.0
Description: Small extension allows refresh all hooks for extension

Title: Style changer Enabled
Description: Allows users/guests select style

Title: Subscribe User Enabled
Version: 2.0b
Author: Franz Liedke
Description: This extension allows moderators and administrators to subscribe/unsubscribe a user to/from a topic he has posted in.

Title: Video Player Enabled
Author: Abdoul Malick Ciss
Description: Permet d'ins

Generated with List Extensions V1.0

I would guess its BBCode Bar

the smart thing to do then is to search the .xml files for vt_row_pre_display and see where it says ext_info.

I think it is one of daris his extensions because he is the only one using that code that I know of smile

I could be wrong offcourse smile

7 (edited by daris 2008-04-20 21:04)

I think it is one of daris his extensions because he is the only one using that code that I know of smile

There's one mine extension which use this hook - ajax post edit, but it hasn't any ext_info var.

You can look into extension_hooks table in database - it contain all hooks for installed extensions

Then I was wrong, sorry daris.

9 (edited by daris 2008-04-20 21:16)

After looking into cache/cache_hooks.php i see lots of $ext_info variables big_smile Maybe there is the problem wink

Did you try removing this file?

well you could just ask the list of extensions .. not give me a lecture .. i am not a kid you know... i was busy ... just told u about the error ... didnt had time for arguments with you .. as i know what would be the result ...

A. That's not what I asked for, and the reason I "lectured" you is because of your posts. You said, essentially "There's an error, I don't know where it's coming from, help!" and when I told you where to look, you said "OK, can anyone tell me where the error is." As I said, it's YOUR setup and YOU have control over it.
B. What part of "YOU need to be the one to enable/disable extensions to figure out which one (or combination of ones) is failing" did you not understand? This is a beta: if something is going wrong with your setup, especially if it's with third party code, you need to at least attempt to diagnose the cause of the problem.

daris wrote:

After looking into cache/cache_hooks.php i see lots of $ext_info variables big_smile Maybe there is the problem wink

Did you try removing this file?

Yes, they're automatically added by PunBB in cache_hooks.php. The question is why they're not set: that shouldn't be possible unless an extension unsets the variable and a later extension tries to use it.

SuperMAG wrote:

Don't guess. Disable them one by one until the problem disappears. You then know which one is causing the problem.

Smartys wrote:

A. That's not what I asked for, and the reason I "lectured" you is because of your posts. You said, essentially "There's an error, I don't know where it's coming from, help!" and when I told you where to look, you said "OK, can anyone tell me where the error is." As I said, it's YOUR setup and YOU have control over it.
B. What part of "YOU need to be the one to enable/disable extensions to figure out which one (or combination of ones) is failing" did you not understand? This is a beta: if something is going wrong with your setup, especially if it's with third party code, you need to at least attempt to diagnose the cause of the problem.

A- i am not using that site as an official site ... just testing beta with extensions ... and i dont need an urgent help with that ... just posted the error so it would be fixed in the next release of that extension ... as i know ... its beta and bugs can come out every where ....

B- didnt have time yesterday ... i am see now ....

MattF wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:

Don't guess. Disable them one by one until the problem disappears. You then know which one is causing the problem.

yes i am doing now ...

as i guest earlier i was right ... the error disappeared when i desabled that extension..

BBCode Bar v1.0b ( Extension disabled. )
Created by Franz Liedke (lie2815)
This extension adds bar with buttons on top of the post fields.

i think i also the the reason it didn't appeared before ... but a few days before i updated to the latest dev ....it then appeared because some thing might have been changed in the edit, delete, post or mainly related to parser.php

SuperMAG: Ignoring everything else, we (the PunBB Devs) are not looking to find bugs in peoples extensions, if you want to, fine, but don't expect help in finding them/sorting them out from us. The point of the 1.3 beta is to find problems with the core 1.3 code.

I agree with Connorhd.

Just to make it clear... for all people not just SuperMAG.

If you have an error. REMOVE ALL EXTENSIONS. If error suddenly rectifys itself... then its not to be reported here.

well i know that ... and i said before and say it again ... i am not asking for any help ...

i am just posting the error that was caused by extension ... so it be fixed by extension author in the future releases ...

i repeat this is not an urgent help or some thing like that ...

are u guys understood ... i didn't know at the beginning from which extension the error was caused ... thats why i created a new topic ...

Yes and in future, don't create a topic, work out which extension caused it (theres no way we can from that error message) and post in the relevant thread for that extension, or contact the extension author.