Re: Links Page 1.2

Hrmm, I suppose your MySQL version doesn't support UTF8.

Change

$db->query("UPDATE `".$db->prefix."config` SET `conf_value` = '" . $indexing . "' WHERE CONVERT( `conf_name` USING utf8 ) = 'o_links_indexing' LIMIT 1") or error("Links Code error: ",__FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

to

$db->query("UPDATE `".$db->prefix."config` SET `conf_value` = '" . $indexing . "' WHERE `conf_name` = 'o_links_indexing' LIMIT 1") or error("Links Code error: ",__FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

ok, now ir works. but how disable geust from posting?

minis wrote:

ok, now ir works. but how disable geust from posting?

Look in Links.php
find:

<a href="?action=new" style="float:right"><?php echo $lang_links["Submit_New"] ?></a>

Replace with

<?php
        if (!$pun_user['is_guest'])
        {
        ?>
        <a href="?action=new" style="float:right"><?php echo $lang_links["Submit_New"] ?></a>
        <?php
        }
        ?>

Odis - thanks smile

Dont work in 1.2.13!! Pls help!!!

Forum russian php programmers www.phpforum.ru
localization of your program (soft, scripts and another) for Russia

Does work, just change install_mod.php

God, why don't people ever read the stickies -.-

You say this elbekko..
But it happens so often that something should be changed in 1.3 to counter-act this problem. Fair enough people should put the effort in and read.. but to me its still a issue if so many people come back with it.

Well thats my opnion anyway.

I guess the 1.3 extension system will return an error if the install script doesn't work...

The new MDK (well, new is relative, it's over a year old now) shouldn't have an issue with minor versions: it just gives a warning if there's a minor version not covered tongue
And as for 1.3, I'm sure there will be an EDK (Extension Development Kit) tongue

Can anyone link me to a punbb install that is using this so I can see what it does or is that not possible without being an admin?

elbekko wrote:

Does work, just change install_mod.php

God, why don't people ever read the stickies -.-

I change install_mod_links.php! i'm not fool! Dont work!? link: http://www.phpforum.ru/install_mod_links.php Try itself! Can be options file? Can be Mysql?!

That's odd... try renaming it to just install_mod.php.
I don't see why it doesn't work tho.

Also, add this to the top of your install_mod.php:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

elbekko wrote:

That's odd... try renaming it to just install_mod.php.
I don't see why it doesn't work tho.

Also, add this to the top of your install_mod.php:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

This MOD work to localmachine (offline). And i'not renaming filename! What's problem?!! i don't know! Ok, thanks! I'm don't be used this mod!

I don't care if you use it. I try to help, you just don't follow the steps I tell you...

Two words then: bugger off.

40 (edited by StevenBullen 2006-10-03 18:18)

Kato wrote:

Can anyone link me to a punbb install that is using this so I can see what it does or is that not possible without being an admin?

EDIT: put full link for ya wink http://www.pundemo.org/viewtopic.php?id=22

phpforum wrote:

I change install_mod_links.php! i'm not fool! Dont work!? link: http://www.phpforum.ru/install_mod_links.php Try itself! Can be options file? Can be Mysql?!

Demo is 1.2.13 and also I didnt change anything in the install_mod file except for the array to 1.2.13 and it worked fine.

User error maybe??

Is there a way to delete Multiple links after a Bot attack. We have over 200 links to get rid off but it is taking ages. Selecting multiplr links would be handy. The patch for stopping Guests posting links worked just fine thanbks.

Richard