Re: Moving to a new domain

Not trying to be impatient or anything, but how much longer? tongue Can we have an approximate date?

Thanks

shrimp wrote:

Not trying to be impatient or anything, but how much longer? tongue Can we have an approximate date?

I doubt it.

Last post of the last, only, PunBB official? 22 days ago.

PunBB is six feet under.

Jérémie wrote:

PunBB is six feet under.

Sadly, I think you're right.

All the work we did to make PunBB, the name, a trusted forum script, is lost. I understand the code base lives on in a fork, but if the name PunBB dies off, the code base runs the risk of following suit. When Joomla! forked, Mambo stayed afloat. Had Mambo caved in completely immediately, I think many people would of vacated the premises and moved on to other systems.

Come to think of it, maybe that's the plan, to let it all die.

54 (edited by MattF 2008-06-15 18:30)

It isn't dead yet. I just think the commercial entity which is now behind PunBB has bugger all idea of what Open Source actually means and entails. Hopefully, they may get a good slap with the clue stick. If not, then PunBB is indeed most likely screwed.

55 (edited by MattF 2008-06-15 18:44)

Must say though that the total lack of interest the new devs seem to have in this board is pathetic.

hcgtv wrote:

Come to think of it, maybe that's the plan, to let it all die.

What is your problem? I don't think anyone involved has done anything with any malintent, the most damaging posts are from you, not anyone involved in either FluxBB or PunBB.

Connorhd wrote:

What is your problem?

I don't have a problem, do you?

Connorhd wrote:

I don't think anyone involved has done anything with any malintent, the most damaging posts are from you, not anyone involved in either FluxBB or PunBB.

I am involved in PunBB, I'm a long time community member. Remember the community Connor, those of us that use PunBB, that recommend it to our friends, that create templates, addons and mods? Well, the current owners of PunBB are ignoring us, that's what I was commenting on.

hcgtv wrote:

Well, the current owners of PunBB are ignoring us, that's what I was commenting on.

Nevertheless, what is the real problem? Who is ignoring you? And what should be done for you?
Feel free to ask me, if you need any answers. Concerning the changes planned, we are working on them.

Carpe diem

Anatoly wrote:

Nevertheless, what is the real problem?

The lack of communication, from day one of the takeover.

Anatoly wrote:

Who is ignoring you?

This forum is lacking official answers to user's questions, if it wasn't for a handful of us, you'd hear crickets.

Anatoly wrote:

And what should be done for you?

Let us know what is going on.

Thanks.

60 (edited by MattF 2008-06-16 15:58)

hcgtv wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Who is ignoring you?

This forum is lacking official answers to user's questions, if it wasn't for a handful of us, you'd hear crickets.

Although upto just I have tried to stay fairly neutral on the whole takeover and progression from there on in, I must admit, I have to agree wholeheartedly with hcgtv on this point. I popped in yesterday after a break of a week or two away from visiting this forum, and I do have to say that in my personal opinion, your idea of community support and participation is abhorrently bad.

Commercial aspects would obviously appear to be your primary concern, whilst the community aspect comes a very distant, (I was going to say second, but doubt it is even rated that high upon your list), way thereafter. Even your new board moderator only had a grand total of two posts when last I checked yesterday. That sucks big style.

Edit: I'll update that last sentence as I've just noted you've added several more moderators since yesterday, of which you are the highest ranking Anatoly, and you have accumulated a grand total of 24 posts in 6 months. Seriously, if this is your idea of nurturing and supporting the community, you are on a completely different planet to I.

We can always support both branches and stop using whatever we don't like later on. smile They're still both free anyway.

bad news ....

punbb should be a seperate project sad

big_smile:D:D