51 (edited by damaxxed 2008-06-24 15:58)

Re: PunBB 1.3 RC

I'm not going to edit my "offensive" post. Anatoly, be careful, if you really "clean up all offensive messages", your information handling policy may be compared by some users to the one of the Peoples Republic of China

//edit: corrected a small typo.

Hmm, punBB or FluxBB...FluxBB or PunBB..."#¤"#¤"#¤%#"#¤%"¤#5

damaxxed wrote:

I'm not going to edit my "offensive" post. Anatoly, be careful, if you really "clean up all offensive messages", your information handling policy may be compared by some users to the one of the Peoples Republic of China

damaxxed wrote:

Fredrikk, feel free to take a look at the FluxBB timeline. You can be sure that SoftDeluxe doesn't need more than 2 days to "maximize portability" again wink

That is not actually correct answer to the question given, so this is just off topic.
And it just doesn't seem to me correct to post "advertising link" at other product's site. It looks like "take a look at vBulletin's timeline" at phpBB support forum.
If you still would like to continue this discussion mail me directly or at least create separate topic.
Thanks.

Carpe diem

54 (edited by oneless 2008-06-25 19:30)

Anatoly wrote:
Vovochka wrote:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
PunBB breaks 5.a because all FluxBB copyrights are removed.

Smartys wrote:

No matter what, if code based on FluxBB is used, then FluxBB's copyright statement has to be kept intact.

Yup. This will be done.
Sorry for oversight.

MattF wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
Vovochka wrote:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
PunBB breaks 5.a because all FluxBB copyrights are removed.

Smartys wrote:

No matter what, if code based on FluxBB is used, then FluxBB's copyright statement has to be kept intact.

Yup. This will be done.

When? The RC download still has the copyright violation, judging by the quick look I just had.

MattF wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
MattF wrote:

When? The RC download still has the copyright violation, judging by the quick look I just had.

It doesn't seem to us a good idea to modify already openly released version.

To be honest, it doesn't matter a monkeys what your companies opinion is on this matter. You are directly violating a copyright. That is not a matter you address at your convenience or when you see fit. Plus, there is no valid technical reason not to update that source with a valid copyright. It would neither directly nor indirectly affect anything.

Totaly agree with you there MattF.

Frankly it is disgusting that the copyright violation was not corrected instantly. Suggests to me it was done on purpose in the first place, otherwise why not rectify it immediately.

Got to love the GPL though haven`t you, suck what you want out of it (or should I say the developers, who work for free), break the terms, suffer no consequences and reap the benefits.

You could at least comply with the license. Discrasefull.

EDIT:
Moreover I doubt Rickard would of let this in the first place, let alone go unamended.

MattF wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Yup. This will be done.

RC archives updated.

Carpe diem

You are welcome to use public SVN to track changes: http://punbb.informer.com/svn/punbb/
Trac timeline is coming soon :)

Carpe diem

Anatoly wrote:

RC archives updated.

Thankyou. smile

Anatoly, why 1.3 not in trunk? It not main version?

Royal Crown Chinpoko Master, ^_^

Anatoly wrote:

You are welcome to use public SVN to track changes: http://punbb.informer.com/svn/punbb/

Another checkout, my SVN directories have had a lot of changes lately. Seems like all the projects I follow have been changing their repositories. I archived the old SVN for nostalgic sake, it had the history of the 1.2 branch.

lexazloy wrote:

It's in RC status. It hasn't reached stable yet. 1.2* is still the current stable version.

MattF wrote:
lexazloy wrote:

It's in RC status. It hasn't reached stable yet. 1.2* is still the current stable version.

Exactly! 1.3 is RC. 1.2 stable version, but not main version now (and i happy).

Royal Crown Chinpoko Master, ^_^

now i change from Fluxbb to punbb again XD

A few questions:

a) If this is the same thing anyway, should I just switch to fluxbb?
b) If not, how to I upgrade from punbb 1.2 to 1.3?
c) Does the theme that is being used here come with 1.3?

well,it's good!TKS!

Deleted couple of flaming posts.

e- wrote:

A few questions:

a) If this is the same thing anyway, should I just switch to fluxbb?
b) If not, how to I upgrade from punbb 1.2 to 1.3?
c) Does the theme that is being used here come with 1.3?

a) There are more and more differences between PunBB and FluxBB with time. The most significant is notification system for new versions of extensions installed. Though we are mostly concentrated on extensions now.
b) Dump old forum. Replace it with 1.3 (keeping old config.php), start db_update.php (from /extras/) and follow instructions. Remove db_update.php and install.php when finished.
c) Yes.

Carpe diem

fluxbb or punbb....................which one is better now and in future? which has more extensions? which has more themes? which ?

Hi,

Can I upgrade from 1.2.19 to 1.3 ?

Thanks.

kikloo wrote:

Hi,

Can I upgrade from 1.2.19 to 1.3 ?

Thanks.

Yes. Use db_update.php (see extras) script to migrate. Don't forget to back up your DB before update.
NB: 1.3 should not to be used in production mode until final release.

Carpe diem

homerzhu wrote:

fluxbb or punbb....................which one is better now and in future? which has more extensions? which has more themes? which ?

Well PunBB is just FluxBB using really, Its just using the same code.

No themes are currently available because Paul is working hard on the new style sheet over on FluxBB.

As PunBB is using the same code as FluxBB, You should be able to use any of the FluxBB / PunBB extensions / styles on either of the forums.

Mark wrote:
homerzhu wrote:

Well PunBB is just FluxBB using really, Its just using the same code.

No themes are currently available because Paul is working hard on the new style sheet over on FluxBB.

As PunBB is using the same code as FluxBB, You should be able to use any of the FluxBB / PunBB extensions / styles on either of the forums.

in the future fluxbb will be moving away from what punbb will be. yeah they are using the same code base, but hopefully punbb will use there own ideas and only use fluxbb for security updates.

there is a descusion about if fluxbb is going tableless on most of the pages or not now punbb don't have to copy that but most likley will because it will allow cross compatiblity of styles and mods. now it would be good if punbb didnt use there tableless code beucase they might end up relying on fluxbb's mods and styles too much.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Exactly, I thought FluxBB was a fork of PunBB, not PunBB a fork of Fluxbb smile