Topic: [QUESTION] integrating punBB into my site - using my login/sessions

i am curious as to whether punbb will be able to support what i want to do here and figured i should come to the community before i start hacking into the code.  hopefully i can get a good idea of what will need to be done, and if anyone else has already done it...

i already have pages for registration, authentication, forgot password, profile, etc.  i want to use punbb as my forums, but not have the double login required to use/post in the forums.  when a user authenticates on my site, i want them to be logged in to the forums as well. 

i definitely don't need a lot of the hardcore stuff - just simple forums that utilize my user data rather than a table that punbb creates

any thoughts?

Re: [QUESTION] integrating punBB into my site - using my login/sessions

As long as the table names and formats are the same in mysql it should be fine...

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Re: [QUESTION] integrating punBB into my site - using my login/sessions

Two questions:

1) What would be the easiest way to do that?  My user table is different from the punbb user table.  Would a mysql VIEW work to get it setup?  Setup a mysql VIEW in place of the punbb table, and then just "hide" the stuff that was touching the punbb users table, would it work pretty easily?

2) What would be the easiest way to integrate the login from my site?  I would like to remove a bunch of the punbb stuff from the template - login, register, user list, profile stuff etc.  The only problem is that users login on my site, through my users table, and I don't want to require them to login a second time to punbb.  Do I just need to dump specific punbb stuff into my site session?