Topic: Can't post message with "How-To:"

Dears,
I've got a Wiki and a PunBB forum. On the forum sometimes i want to post a link to a how-to of the wiki. Punbb won't let me do it. I found out that the part "How-To:" is causing the trouble. I can not change the wiki, but maybe i can (or have to) change something in the PunBB code.

In here is the "How-to" namespace of the wiki (Dutch). The links i put in the posts go straight to a wiki that is in there.

Someone?

Re: Can't post message with "How-To:"

Could you please put here an example of the link you have a trouble with.

Carpe diem

One of the URL's is this one: http://www.macwiki.nl/wiki/How-To:Adres … uteplanner
It's just one of a lot of the wiki pages that have How-To: in the URL.

sypie wrote:

One of the URL's is this one: http://www.macwiki.nl/wiki/How-To:Adres … uteplanner
It's just one of a lot of the wiki pages that have How-To: in the URL.

I've tested this link posting it in both 1.2 and 1.3.
What is the problem? Could you please give me the step by step instruction to reproduce your trouble.

Carpe diem

Yes i can:

Sometimes i put a message on the forum that i moderate with a link to a How-To: wiki. If i cut and paste it straight into a post or in a link with url= tags the message won't post.

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /post.php could not be found on this server.

is the message i got when i try with only a link.

I tried a little further and discovered that only

How-To:

is causing the same problem. So it has to do with it.

The version of PunBB we use is 1.2.16, maybe not the latest but we'll deal with it because there are plugins installed.

We'll check this out and reply to you.

Carpe diem

We could not reveal the bug you indicated.
Could you please inform us what Mods are installed on your forum.

I got the next plugins working:
AP_Punportal
AP_Reputation
AP_Gallery_options
AP_Gallary_categories
AP_Backup
AMP_Global_topic
Move topic mod

Probably some more, but these are visible in the plugins map. For other mod's i need to search trough all the available mods what meanse a lot of work. I hope it will lead to an answer with these mods.

Try consulting the hosting provider: describe the problem and provide the text of the error.
If your hosting provider can't solve this problem, try doing the following:

Create or edit a text file named .htaccess for your main forum directory and add the following code:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

Quote:
ModSecurityTM is an open source intrusion detection and prevention engine for web applications (or a web application firewall). Operating as an Apache Web server module or standalone, the purpose of ModSecurity is to increase web application security, protecting web applications from known and unknown attacks.

I put this code in the .htaccess file and then it works. Strange but true, without any prompting of strange code, or without the warning that i had before. Thank you for thinking with me. If you need to know anything further to help solving this issue please react in here.