Re: Languages

Yes I will want help. As soon as Rickard tells us to start, we might want to split that stuff...

FluxBB - v1.4.8

27 (edited by mirturk 2008-02-18 21:32)

Turkish language will be ready in 2-3 days smile

I can help you with the german language pack if needed.
Contact me under this address and I will tell you my real one:

qecerydovaciwovi@tempomail.fr

I'm from Germany, so my english might be wrong sometimes. Sorry!

Russian translation is almost ready. There is only a part of admin panel to translate.

30 (edited by frozen_space 2008-05-09 07:32)

coolhd wrote:

Translation for Chinese is get ready.
Anyone wants to get a test in chinese can go to here.
Chinese for Punbb 1.3 beta

Well done!
However I am still working on another version of simplified Chinese translation, as some expressions may various between simplified chinese and traditional chinese.

The lang pack in Italian it's ultimate

Translating right now to Estonian, and it's really annoying that some of the language strings are in use at multiple places.

Hi, I am translating PunBB 1.3RC to spanish, if someone is interested in helping me here's the project I've setup.
Best regards.

what is the correct way to put characters like áéíóúÁÉÍÓÚÑñ in the language files?

oktubre wrote:

what is the correct way to put characters like áéíóúÁÉÍÓÚÑñ in the language files?

just you put them into file, since 1.3 is fully UTF-8 supported

I translated the old version for hebrew , will i see no one take the challange of 1.3, well it will be my plusure then.

The language files won't change any more  at the 1.3 version right?

Yours, Benny.

Benny wrote:

The language files won't change any more  at the 1.3 version right?

They will be changed.

1.3RC2 is to be released soon. We hope to freeze language files then.

Carpe diem

I C , so Let us know when it won't be change any more smile

Yours, Benny.

Benny wrote:

Of course!
I suppose we'll send a newsletter about 1.3 RC2 release.

Carpe diem

Why we can't use old languages?
And some admin adds all modified variables to files smile

Thats simplier.

Benny wrote:

There will be minimum of changes in language files from the moment of RC2 release.
PunBB 1.3 translations may be started now.
Please, report any RC2 bugs/issues: we could miss some (un)necessary language file entries.

Carpe diem

So, all translations have to start with blank englishfile? We can't use strings from old files?

Olli wrote:

So, all translations have to start with blank englishfile? We can't use strings from old files?

Smart copy-paste is possible, I think. But yes, you have to take English file and replace each string in it manually (i.e. you cannot take old file and "update" it).

Carpe diem

OK. Please say, if I can start Finnish translation. Do not inform original translator, because then I make rubbish work.

Please email me ollinpostit@gmail.com if you are not / you are notified some other translator or if You are started translation.

So:
IF YOU ARE STARTED FINNISH TRANSLATION:
Please email me ollinpostit@gmail.com and say that I not need to start translation. I can help you with some phrases.

IF YOU ARE NOT STARTED FINNISH TRANSLATION:
Please email me ollinpostit@gmail.com and say that I can start translation. Then, DO NOT start Finnish translation or you make rubbish work!!!

Olli wrote:

OK. Please say, if I can start Finnish translation.

Added you to the Translators list.

Carpe diem

Is anyone working on the Swedish translation? I might do it but I'm not sure I'll have time until sometime next year. If anyone starts to work on it, please give me a shout.

Mogger wrote:

Is anyone working on the Swedish translation? I might do it but I'm not sure I'll have time until sometime next year. If anyone starts to work on it, please give me a shout.

Watch http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/punbb13/language_packs.
You are welcome.

Carpe diem

48 (edited by elpopi 2008-11-18 09:19)

Hi, I translated almost half of punbb 1.3 files to Spanish.

This is the version 0.1 because all the admin pages and the stopwords are yet to be translated, but the forum is perfectly readable for spanihs users in this state.

I'm uploading it to http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/punbb13/language_packs

Any help is welcome.

edit: I think that Spanish language should not be between Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese, as both are variations of Chinese

49 (edited by Tareq 2008-11-20 09:56)

Hi, i've translated punbb 1.3 in Bangla.

So, how to include this pack to the language pack download page? please help me

I have translated about 70% of 1.3 into Slovenian language

I made a link on wiki to it, if someone wants to help. Will update zip file frequently

tnx