Topic: Development of 1.2 punbb forum

Somebody knows if with the cooming of 1.3 punbb forum, the 1.2.* development will be stopped or will go on after the 1.2.20 version?

Thanks

Re: Development of 1.2 punbb forum

We will keep PunBB 1.2 support and will go on releasing security updates (if needed) for some time. I can't say now for how long.

Carpe diem

Thanks for your fast reply. I think that in a few future will be better to update to 1.3 version smile

Anatoly wrote:

I can't say now for how long.

If and when you stop support for 1.2, you'll open the door to someone putting up their own community support site.

On the subject of support, this forum should be split up between 1.3 and 1.2, like the phpBB forums have done. At present it's just too confusing, a support question may come in and there is no way to determine what they are running. And since I run 1.2, I may just want to concentrate my views and feeds to just those forums.

It took years for 1.2 to gain such an audience, I would suspect that 1.3 could take as long to have converts.

hcgtv wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

If and when you stop support for 1.2, you'll open the door to someone putting up their own community support site.

I'd completely agree on that point. There are a lot of us who have no intention of going with the latest and "greatest" unless absolutely necessary, or unless other circumstances require it.

MattF wrote:
hcgtv wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

I'd completely agree on that point. There are a lot of us who have no intention of going with the latest and "greatest" unless absolutely necessary, or unless other circumstances require it.

I'll agree and join the club. 1.2 for the win. tongue

If you need any PunBB 1.2.* mods done, feel free to send me a PM; we can work out a price [if need be].

In my opinion 1.2 version is better because full of mods, styles, ecc...

Maybe in the future version 1.3 will be better too...