Topic: "Currently used extensions" in the page footer

When the "Currently used extensions" list is too long, this happens:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg135/garcia-t/footer_bad.png
It also has "Copyright © 2008 PunBB", which is kinda redundant since "Powered by PunBB" is already there.

This is how I think the footer should look:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg135/garcia-t/footer_good.png

EDIT: Altered topic subject //Anatoly.

Re: "Currently used extensions" in the page footer

It's a sound idea. We have to do something with the "Currently used extensions" string. I would remove this string at all smile

parpalak wrote:

It's a sound idea. We have to do something with the "Currently used extensions" string. I would remove this string at all smile

+100 for that. Pls make it go away.

That whole string is not useful for users or guests. Maybe only other PunBB developers, and hackers, would find it useful. They aren't worth catering for.

Removing it will also save a millisecond or two from page loads. Every bit helps smile

Garciat wrote:

This is how I think the footer should look:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg135/garcia-t/footer_good.png

Agree.

parpalak wrote:

I would remove this string at all

No.

sirena wrote:

That whole string is not useful for users or guests. Maybe only other PunBB developers, and hackers, would find it useful. They aren't worth catering for.

That is kind of price: we give you an extension, you give us the link.
Initially it was done in view of porting PunBB official extensions to FluxBB. According to GPL, other developers cannot remove such a displaying of copyright notice.
Nevertheless, it seems not so important now, we will consider its' removal or simplification.

Carpe diem

Anatoly wrote:
parpalak wrote:

I would remove this string at all

No.

I should have done it silently. Nobody would notice smile

I agree with removing it all together. I don't see any point to showing that I'm using specific plugins to people who don't care to begin with. The only people who would want to know what I'm using would be people looking to exploit it. Giving credit to those who made the plugin is one thing, but cluttering up the page with pointless information only makes the forum look bad and give more information to those who might want to do your site harm. I'd rather just switch to a different piece of software if I'm going to HAVE to show the information.

Dave wrote:

if I'm going to HAVE to show the information

It is easily "disablable" smile

Carpe diem

I'd like to disable the text Currently used extensions: in the footer with a option in the admin. I think this would be better placed on the

Administration  » Start  » Information page