Topic: Here is an idea...

I'm not sating this is the only way out, but here goes.

It appears that lots of people loath installing mods. Understandable so, because it can be a daunting task. Here's what I propose:
An online wizard in which people select which mods they would like to have "pre-installed". After its done selecting, it will state possible conflict issues, and if all issues are solved, the person can download only the effective files. All the files are pre made so the "wizard" is not doing any real script writing, its just making it eaiser to have pre installed scripts.

I know, this beats the point of Punbb+, but I think this is a better solution.

Do, or do not.

Re: Here is an idea...

Yes, it's probably a better solution. However, it's much more difficult to implement and will require extensive maintenance. I'm sceptical.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thats true, but the tech support would be much cheaper.  wink

As far as the maintence goes, I'm pretty sure the people who maintain the Mod Reasource would maintain this aswell.

Do, or do not.

Well.. It's not impossible :)

Thats the Spirit!

Do, or do not.

I likie it too

Ej uz parku shitus lasīt???

It would be great if some one were able to get this working before Punbb 2.0 is released.

The reason I consider this a viable solution is because bandwith costs are on the rise latley (from what I have noticed), and many people are out there looking for a light weight phpbb or whatever. They like Punbb but theres allways a BUT. I think this soultion would solve this problem.

As for you Rickard, you would not have to draw the line on what to include, and what to exclude. Anyone who wants to mod it would have no excuses. I really consider this the best solution.

Do, or do not.