Topic: Forum Email and Spam?

I'm considering to dissable forum-email and currently looking for how to do that smile

Of course it's cool to let member send email directly from my board, but what about 'spam' activities that it might cause? Let's say I have 100+ members and none of them thinking to use forum-email for spamming. So it's good ..huh?

What if someday they all use this feature simultaneously? Won't that means there are 100+ emails sent simultaneously from my hosting-server IP? Won't it risk my IP (hosting server IP) to be noted as spam IP by gmail (for example)?

those are questions in my head. I probably wrong about how exactly the "forum email" work. Therefore, any geek suggestion would really be appreciated smile

Re: Forum Email and Spam?

the forum email is using forms so there is very little to no chance that 100+ emails will be sent simultaneously from a forum member without admin rights. They can though, click on each user who enabled that option and send them an email.

What would be good is if there was an easy admin side way to include in those emails an admin line asking the recipient to report any spam emails they may have received from the form.

ganes wrote:

What if someday they all use this feature simultaneously?

According to the Second law of thermodynamics it is possible, but extremely unlikely smile

colak wrote:

What would be good is if there was an easy admin side way to include in those emails an admin line asking the recipient to report any spam emails they may have received from the form.

It's quite easy. Just edit the e-mail template: .../lang/English/mail_templates/form_email.tpl

@parpalak

i like that thermodynamics thing :LOL: