1 (edited by Anatoly 2008-06-21 10:14)

Topic: Official extensions

You are welcome to visit http://punbb.informer.com/extensions/ and explore the collection of official PunBB extensions.

Current official extensions list: pun_admin_add_user, pun_attachment, pun_bbcode, pun_e_mail_auth, pun_extension_reinstaller, pun_hook_navigator, pun_karma, pun_log, pun_poll, pun_quote, pun_topic_online_users.

Official extensions in development: pun_pm, pun_backup, pun_approval, pun_tags, pun_ajax_auth, pun_draft, pun_stat and others.

Feel free to request for new official extensions.

Please, create separate new topic for some individual extension discussion (be this bug report, feature or support request, whatever).

Carpe diem

2 (edited by ses 2008-09-28 10:05)

Re: Official extensions

The All-Togehter-Download don't work...

ses wrote:

The All-Togehter-Download don't work...

Fixed. Thanks!

Carpe diem

If pun_quote is enabled, then those who have javascript disabled can not quote at all (well, they can use cut&paste, etc.)

Why not javascript-enable only the new "Quick quote" button, leaving the "old' Quote/Reply button intact for those who prefer (or have to) keep javascript switched off?

5 (edited by User33 2008-11-18 19:49)

Yeah, something like:

<script type="text/javascript">
document.write(quick_quote_link);
</script>
<noscript>{normal_quote_link}</noscript>

8k84 wrote:

If pun_quote is enabled, then those who have javascript disabled can not quote at all (well, they can use cut&amp;paste, etc.)

Why not javascript-enable only the new "Quick quote" button, leaving the "old' Quote/Reply button intact for those who prefer (or have to) keep javascript switched off?

You are right.
Added to wiki.

Carpe diem

7 (edited by 8k84 2008-11-20 19:20)

Timeline shows that extension is fixed, however, extensions panel does not show any update to pun_quote.

There is another glitch: when quoting without selection (i.e. in full), the resulting quote includes signature, which I guess it is not supposed to.

8 (edited by User33 2008-11-20 19:22)

It also adds the "Last edited by..." message to the quote.

8k84 wrote:

Timeline shows that extension is fixed, however, extensions panel does not show any update to pun_quote.

There's delay before extension is published in PunBB repository (where the forum gets new versions from). Each new version is being reviewed (differences to the previous version at least) before publication.

Carpe diem

Punbb_bbcode should put single space before smiley code, otherwise users forget to put it manually and then parser doesn't recognize the code.

Hello!

I am writting about pun_bbcode extension.

I don't know, maybe in my problem guilty my crooked hands, or maybe it is bug of extention.

I tryed translate this extention, and like example I used the English file:

<?php

if (!defined('FORUM')) die();

$lang_pun_bbcode = array(
    'Pun BBCode Bar'                => 'Use BBCode Bar',
    'Notice BBCode Bar'                => 'Enable BBCode Bar when writing posts (extension Pun BBCode)',
    'BBCode Graphical'                => 'Use graphical buttons',
    'BBCode Graphical buttons'        => 'Use graphical buttons in BBcode Bar'
)

?>

When I tryed create the translation file in folder "Russian" , like this:

<?php

$lang_pun_bbcode = array(
    'Pun BBCode Bar'                => 'Использовать панель BBCode',
    'Notice BBCode Bar'                => 'Разрешить использование панели BBCode, когда пишутся сообщения (расширение Pun BBCode)',
    'BBCode Graphical'                => 'Использовать графические кнопки',
    'BBCode Graphical buttons'        => 'Использовать графические кнопки на панели BBcode'
)

?>

The translation make one problem:
When I go into preferences, in Profile menu, all options, on page, where I can show preferences from this extension, doesn't show on the screen (I can't see DIV layer, where is the all preferences)...

I too tryed remove this line

But it's didn't help me.

What I do wrong? Or it is bug of extension?

PunBB 1.3.1
BBCode Buttons 1.2.1

The file should have UTF-8 encoding. Try to set this encoding in your text editor before saving.

Argh!
parpalak, yes, it was problem with encoding... sad

Thank you for answer! wink
Now all works fine. smile

Cool smile

im using latest punbb and tried to install official pun_pm but got this error below.

IMPORTANT! The extensions listed below were found in the extensions folder but are not available for install or upgrade because the errors displayed below were detected.
Loading of extension "pun_pm" failed.

Unable to parse manifest.xml.

I have reupload but got same error.pls help.

im sorry if this is in the wrong section

if mONey is lOSt nOThINg is lOSt,
if cHArACtER is lOSt sOMeTHiNG is lOSt,
bUT,
if rELiGIon and eDUcATiON aRE lOSt eVErYThINg is lOSt.

How to install pun_antispam ?
There is no Readme file or other instructions.

in pun_repository I can't find readme or instructions too

how can I install it?????

This page seems to have a problem or a bug in this script:

<script type="text/javascript">var pun_quote_posts = new Array();var pun_quote_authors = new Array();pun_quote_posts[115750] = "You are welcome to visit http://punbb.informer.com/extensions/ and explore the collection of official PunBB extensions.\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadCurrent official extensions list: pun_admin_add_user, pun_attachment, pun_bbcode, pun_e_mail_auth, pun_extension_reinstaller, pun_hook_navigator, pun_karma, pun_log, pun_poll, pun_quote, pun_topic_online_users.\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadOfficial extensions in development: pun_pm, pun_backup, pun_approval, pun_tags, pun_ajax_auth, pun_draft, pun_stat and others.\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadFeel free to request for new official extensions.\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadPlease, create separate new topic for some individual extension discussion (be this bug report, feature or support request, whatever).";pun_quote_authors[115750] = "Anatoly";pun_quote_posts[117813] = "The All-Togehter-Download don\'t work...";pun_quote_authors[117813] = "ses";pun_quote_posts[117834] = "

ses wrote:

The All-Togehter-Download don\'t work...

\\xc2\\xadFixed. Thanks!";pun_quote_authors[117834] = "Anatoly";pun_quote_posts[119554] = "If pun_quote is enabled, then those who have javascript disabled can not quote at all (well, they can use cut&paste, etc.)\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadWhy not javascript-enable only the new \"Quick quote\" button, leaving the \"old\' Quote/Reply button intact for those who prefer (or have to) keep javascript switched off?";pun_quote_authors[119554] = "8k84";pun_quote_posts[119561] = "Yeah, something like:\\xc2\\xad

\\xc2\\xad<script type=\"text/javascript\">\\xc2\\xaddocument.write(quick_quote_link);\\xc2\\xad</script>\\xc2\\xad<noscript>{normal_quote_link}</noscript>\\xc2\\xad

";pun_quote_authors[119561] = "Garciat";pun_quote_posts[119586] = "

8k84 wrote:

If pun_quote is enabled, then those who have javascript disabled can not quote at all (well, they can use cut&amp;paste, etc.)\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadWhy not javascript-enable only the new \"Quick quote\" button, leaving the \"old\' Quote/Reply button intact for those who prefer (or have to) keep javascript switched off?

\\xc2\\xadYou are right.\\xc2\\xadAdded to wiki.";pun_quote_authors[119586] = "Anatoly";pun_quote_posts[119717] = "Timeline shows that extension is fixed, however, extensions panel does not show any update to pun_quote.\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadThere is another glitch: when quoting without selection (i.e. in full), the resulting quote includes signature, which I guess it is not supposed to.";pun_quote_authors[119717] = "8k84";pun_quote_posts[119719] = "It also adds the \"Last edited by...\" message to the quote.";pun_quote_authors[119719] = "Garciat";pun_quote_posts[119732] = "

8k84 wrote:

\\xc2\\xadThere\'s delay before extension is published in PunBB repository (where the forum gets new versions from). Each new version is being reviewed (differences to the previous version at least) before publication.";pun_quote_authors[119732] = "Anatoly";pun_quote_posts[119925] = "Punbb_bbcode should put single space before smiley code, otherwise users forget to put it manually and then parser doesn\'t recognize the code.";pun_quote_authors[119925] = "8k84";pun_quote_posts[120275] = "Hello!\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadI am writting about pun_bbcode extension.\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadI don\'t know, maybe in my problem guilty my crooked hands, or maybe it is bug of extention.\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadI tryed translate this extention, and like example I used the English file:\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xad

<?php\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadif (!defined(\'FORUM\')) die();\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xad$lang_pun_bbcode = array(\\xc2\\xad    \'Pun BBCode Bar\'                => \'Use BBCode Bar\',\\xc2\\xad    \'Notice BBCode Bar\'                => \'Enable BBCode Bar when writing posts (extension Pun BBCode)\',\\xc2\\xad    \'BBCode Graphical\'                => \'Use graphical buttons\',\\xc2\\xad    \'BBCode Graphical buttons\'        => \'Use graphical buttons in BBcode Bar\'\\xc2\\xad)\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xad?>

\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadWhen I tryed create the translation file in folder \"Russian\" , like this:\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xad

<?php\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadif (!defined(\'FORUM\')) die();\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xad$lang_pun_bbcode = array(\\xc2\\xad    \'Pun BBCode Bar\'                => \'Использовать панель BBCode\',\\xc2\\xad    \'Notice BBCode Bar\'                => \'Разрешить использование панели BBCode, когда пишутся сообщения (расширение Pun BBCode)\',\\xc2\\xad    \'BBCode Graphical\'                => \'Использовать графические кнопки\',\\xc2\\xad    \'BBCode Graphical buttons\'        => \'Использовать графические кнопки на панели BBcode\'\\xc2\\xad)\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xad?>

\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadThe translation make one problem:\\xc2\\xadWhen I go into preferences, in Profile menu, all options, on page, where I can show preferences from this extension, doesn\'t show on the screen (I can\'t see DIV layer, where is the all preferences)...\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadI too tryed remove this line\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xad

\\xc2\\xadif (!defined(\'FORUM\')) die();\\xc2\\xad

\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadBut it\'s didn\'t help me.\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadWhat I do wrong? Or it is bug of extension?\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadPunBB 1.3.1\\xc2\\xadBBCode Buttons 1.2.1";pun_quote_authors[120275] = "Boron1987";pun_quote_posts[120276] = "The file should have UTF-8 encoding. Try to set this encoding in your text editor before saving.";pun_quote_authors[120276] = "parpalak";pun_quote_posts[120277] = "Argh!\\xc2\\xadparpalak, yes, it was problem with encoding... sad\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadThank you for answer! wink\\xc2\\xadNow all works fine. smile";pun_quote_authors[120277] = "Boron1987";pun_quote_posts[120279] = "Cool smile";pun_quote_authors[120279] = "parpalak";pun_quote_posts[124588] = "im using latest punbb and tried to install official pun_pm but got this error below.\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xad

IMPORTANT! The extensions listed below were found in the extensions folder but are not available for install or upgrade because the errors displayed below were detected.\\xc2\\xadLoading of extension \"pun_pm\" failed.\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadUnable to parse manifest.xml.

\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadI have reupload but got same error.pls help.\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadim sorry if this is in the wrong section";pun_quote_authors[124588] = "FaRe-Ed";pun_quote_posts[124603] = "How to install pun_antispam ?\\xc2\\xadThere is no Readme file or other instructions.";pun_quote_authors[124603] = "lvivport";pun_quote_posts[124604] = "in pun_repository I can\'t find readme or instructions too\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xadhow can I install it?????";pun_quote_authors[124604] = "lvivport";</script>

It is shown above everything when you try to visualize this page: http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … xtensions/

Errare humanum est

Yes, this page have problem:

\\xc2\\xad\\xc2\\xad;pun_quote_authors[119561] = "Garciat";pun_quote_posts[119586] = "

then what about my problems? tongue

if mONey is lOSt nOThINg is lOSt,
if cHArACtER is lOSt sOMeTHiNG is lOSt,
bUT,
if rELiGIon and eDUcATiON aRE lOSt eVErYThINg is lOSt.

Pun Admin Manage Extensions Improved v1.3 has a few incorrect language references. The updated manifest is here: http://www.pepak.net/tmp/manifest.zip

patch for pun_tags:

It allows to cut tags in output using tag-weight, so popular tags always remain in tag-cloud and not randomly cutted off the cloud.

patch.diff:

--- functions.php-old      2010-03-16 21:38:55.000000000 +0300
+++ functions.php       2010-03-16 21:46:41.000000000 +0300
@@ -233,6 +233,26 @@
 {
        global $forum_config;

+
+        foreach ($tags as $key => $row) {
+          $sortweight[$key] = $row['weight'];
+        };
+        asort($sortweight);
+
+        $cnt=$forum_config['o_pun_tags_count_in_cloud'];
+
+        while ($cnt > 0)
+         {
+                array_pop($sortweight);
+                $cnt--;
+         }
+
+        foreach ($sortweight as $key => $row) {
+          unset($tags[$key]); //delete from array with num $key
+        };
+        unset($sortweight);
+
+/*
        if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.02', '>='))
                return array_slice($tags, 0, $forum_config['o_pun_tags_count_in_cloud'], TRUE);

@@ -242,6 +264,8 @@
                array_pop($tags);
                $counter--;
        }
+*/
+
        return $tags;
 }