1 (edited by hcgtv 2008-11-25 03:48)

Topic: What looks out of place on this forum

Currently used extensions: pun_repository, pun_pm, pun_bbcode, pun_quote. Copyright © 2008 PunBB
[ Generated in 0.024 seconds, 5 queries executed ]

Without the above two lines, the forum would look cleaner - just an opinion.

Re: What looks out of place on this forum

Agree.

I have to agree, they should do what wordpress does and put them as a HTML comment and so if you really want to see them, you look at the source code

s0me0ne wrote:

I have to agree, they should do what wordpress does and put them as a HTML comment and so if you really want to see them, you look at the source code

I did this in my forum to better blend PunBB into my layout see it here:

http://forum.theredrealm.com

To do this I edited ../include/template/main.tpl

If you look at the source code, the extensions are in a comment and the PunBB copyright is in my footer. I just wish I could keep the jump to forum drop down, but at least it looks simple.

+1

http://tinymailto.com/oliversl <-- my email after a captcha

I also agree. I think that the "jump list", "extensions", "copyright" and "powered by" should be split so as to give more flexibility to the presentation.

Just want to mention that their should only be link to PunBB, instead of 2, at the bottom. wink

To remove the query time text from being displayed on the page you can add the following to the bottom of oxygen.css

#querytime { display:none }

Otherwise if you want to remove this text from the source just remove the following line from include/template/main.tpl

<!-- forum_debug -->

As to the extensions used text I'm not sure if I should advice removing this because it is contained by the same tag as the copyright PunBB text.

Although as long as Powered by PunBB is entact I wouldn't see why removing the copyright would be a problem.