Topic: 10K!

This post is number 10000 here at punbb.org. To celebrate, here are some stats gathered since January 2003.

-----------------
Hits, visits, etc
-----------------
Visits:         91976
Pages:          695177
Hits:           1433949
Bandwidth:      6.73 GB
Gzip savings:   4.00 GB (on .php files only!)

----------------------
Search engine crawlers
----------------------
Crawler                         Hits
"""""""                         """"
Googlebot                       10844
WISENutbot                      6068
Fast-Webcrawler (AllTheWeb)     3903

--------
Referals
--------
Count   URL
"""""   """
8265    http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Discussion_Boards/index.html
8041    http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/24705.html
5084    http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scripts/Bulletin_Board_Message_Systems/
891     http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Discussion_Boards/more2.html

Oh, PunBB (excluding betas and RC's) has been downloaded 11167 times since august 2003! Thanks a lot guys :D

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: 10K!

Congrats Rickard!

Do, or do not.

Thanks? That's it?
I thought you were gonna send us some nice fat checks for contributing... wink

Nice to see the site's healthy and successful. And let's hope it doesn't become too successful, I wouldn't want it dying of bandwidth costs!

Congratulations to you!!!!

Congrats smile

Congrats Rickard, excellent job ! smile

Sakis is my name, ssb just a nick.

Gratz Rickard!
Grattis Rickard!

Hip Hip Hura!

Great. Good work will be reward!

Well done, Rickard. Impressive figures (and deserved for all your hard work).
Since adding PunBB it has improved my site tremendously and become the most active feature of the site.

Btw:
Has anybody else noticed this on their site?
Ever since I included a posting on PunBB which referred to my site, my ranking on search engines increased dramatically. Add to this the fact that PunBB is a valuable source of info and help and you win all ways by joining this great forum!

I've been down so long it's beginning to look like up..

Can we users get this data one time every mounth so se how PunBB develops? smile

Sure :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Its soon 16 april so we want new stats soon. wink

Over a mounth sinces (... ... ...) last stats. New soon? smile

I know, I know. I'll try to put something together this weekend. I'm just silly busy right now with stuff at the university.

Ahh... That takes time.

Rickard why you don't add more Developers?
you can do all alone?
neutral

Yours, Benny.

He have taken help from outside (like, Paul has worked on the css/output for 1.2), but I think it's good not to have too many chefs, as it easily turn into a mess ... where the 'creator' no longer has control over what happens with it...

17 (edited by Connorhd 2004-12-06 16:45)

especially for a project such as this which has one fuction e.g. its hard to assign tasks to other people and still keep the entire thing working properly

edit: also why you making a post in here? its unrelated

also easy to control the coding i would imagine. his, Rickards, is the cleanest i've seen ever.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

If Rickard had an army of developers and unlimited resources, just think, he could produce a new version every 5 years just like Microshaft.

and every single possible part of it would make all the other parts break... that would be coooooooool

I won't lie. PunBB is my baby and I wouldn't feel good about letting in a lot of other people in the project :)

yeah, congrats rickard is the best project smile

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

Paul wrote:

If Rickard had an army of developers and unlimited resources, just think, he could produce a new version every 5 years just like Microshaft.

Yes but so he can release an upadate and security pack every day tongue

PunBB is my baby and I wouldn't feel good about letting in a lot of other people in the project smile

yes i feel that with all my project, especially when you spend 5 years on it smile

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

ccbcv:)