Topic: [pun_quote bug] Reply to post broken

Whenever I hit reply, I get this:

An error was encountered

Page Not found (Error 404): The requested page post/119740/post.php could not be found.

Re: [pun_quote bug] Reply to post broken

Confirmed. It is pun_quote bug.

Carpe diem

IMHO, you should disable pun_quote until you iron out the issues.

I don't see a point for the Reply link.

I was just about to start a new thread for this. When I hit reply on a post (between Report and Quick Quote) the browser jumps back to the top of the page.

The URL after clicking a Reply link in this thread changed to:

http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … qid=119782

No, really, what's the point of the reply link.

Garciat wrote:

No, really, what's the point of the reply link.

I'm wondering what's the point of enabling an extension that shows badly.

Whoever happens on this forum for the first time will most assuredly get a very bad impression. This just proves that it's extensions that will drive the future of PunBB, not a slim, stable, elegant core. Sad.

hcgtv wrote:

I'm wondering what's the point of enabling an extension that shows badly.

I've just installed the last version from SVN. Is it ok? Or is it better to disable the extension?

I see the reply links are gone, cool smile

parpalak wrote:

I've just installed the last version from SVN. Is it ok? Or is it better to disable the extension?

My opinion is that extensions should add functionality, rather than supersede what we've become accustomed to.

I like the Quick quote functionality, especially how you can quote a couple of posts at a time and watch it populate the Quick reply textarea. But I miss the old functionality of just pressing Quote and a bigger textarea opens up at the top letting me formulate my reply with a bit more breathing room.

So I don't see why we can't have both, or am I missing something?

Do you have a middle mouse button? Try clicking the quick quote link with it, it'll open the old quote page.

Once a user has clicked "Quick Quote" on a specific post shouldn't the link be hidden to avoid double quoting/clicking? I'd also suggest that the browser jump to the Quick Quote box so a user doesn't think the "Quick Quote" links are dead ... and then continue to click it lol We know how it works but the end users may not is all I'm thinking.

What if he's quoting parts of the posts? He needs to click the link multiple times to do so. And, yes, users should be noticed that the quote has been added to their message. Moving back to the message box, like you said, is a good idea, but it could get annoying for some people.

I didn't realise you could highlight only the text you wanted to quick quote lol Hiding the button wont be much use I have to agree.

Dear Devs,

Now the Quick Quote link is bringing in parts of a multi-line user signature.

In this post, when I pressed quote, Garciat - Die hard came along.

IMHO, the extension needs work before mass consumption, or be configurable by the end user.