Topic: The avatars aren't working on my forum

If I upload an avatar there is a space between the username and the forumrank/title (where the picture is supposed to be) in Firefox. If I click the space with the right mouse button the correct path to the avatar is displayed, but I can't see the avatar.

It's probably something with chmod rights, but since I'm using a windows server I can't give the 777 permission to the avatarfolder. So, who has a solution? wink

Re: The avatars aren't working on my forum

Do any errors appear while uploading avatar?

VincentBroccoli wrote:

If I click the space with the right mouse button the correct path to the avatar is displayed, but I can't see the avatar.

Can you see the avatar if you open this path in the browser?

VincentBroccoli wrote:

I'm using a windows server

What web server do you use?

Can I have a link to your forum?

parpalak wrote:

Do any errors appear while uploading avatar?

VincentBroccoli wrote:

If I click the space with the right mouse button the correct path to the avatar is displayed, but I can't see the avatar.

Can you see the avatar if you open this path in the browser?

VincentBroccoli wrote:

I'm using a windows server

What web server do you use?

No, I can't see the path if I open it in the browser. I get a "HTTP Error 500 - Internal Server Error" regarding the .htaccess file.

I don't know which server I'm using (it's windows, that's all I know). I'm kind of a noob, that's why I have this problem smile

5 (edited by VincentBroccoli 2008-12-10 16:46)

Garciat wrote:

Can I have a link to your forum?

http://www.nintendoweb.nl/forum

When I delete the htaccess file the problem is solved. But is bad to remove the htaccess file?

VincentBroccoli wrote:

But is bad to remove the htaccess file?

Not as bad as avatars that are not displayed smile

You may delete .htaccess since the only thing it does is disallowing avatar extension other than gif, jpg and png.

Deny from all
<FilesMatch "\.(gif|jpg|png)$">
    Allow from all
</FilesMatch>