Re: List of online avatars at top of forum

@sonofsinner: If no one is online, a '- No online users -' message shows instead. I didn't get your second question...

@whatrevolution: Interesting...

27 (edited by sonofsinner 2008-12-17 18:23)

whatrevolution wrote:
sonofsinner wrote:

Cool. But what will happend if no one is online?

That is the same as asking, "When a tree falls in an empty forest, does it make a sound?"  Clearly, no human will ever know.

No bigdeal about my Ques. , so take it how you want it.

Garciat wrote:

@sonofsinner: If no one is online, a '- No online users -' message shows instead. I didn't get your second question...

@whatrevolution: Interesting...

Okay. Got it.

sonofsinner wrote:

No bigdeal about my Ques. , so take it how you want it.

Right.  I meant my answer to say, no person could see the User Avatar list if no person is logged in. smile

Garciat wrote:

@esupergood: Re-download the file, I added an option to hide the names.

1. Loving your work
2. See it in action here
3. There doesn't seem to be ALT text. It's useful so you can just hover mouse over the avatar to see the username
4. PayPal offer still stands if you PM your email to me.

Since it's not really an IMG tag, it's actually a TITLE attribute and not ALT smile

Anyways, I added it to the script, redownlaod big_smile

Garciat I didn't get your email sad
I'll email you through this forum now and you can then reply so that I will know your email address. CHEERS FOR THE UPDATE smile

33 (edited by KeyDog 2009-01-18 12:40)

@garciat :  I think there's deffo enough interest for this to make extension.

But I have used the online users mod briefly now to test  - and I think

1. it would be cool if a seperate page with users online avatars was accessible via a link (either at bottom or in navlinks)

why? because at the moment I seem to see who's online on every page - and mostly I'm just going to want to see that when I arrive on page, or when I feel like: click on link to see the online.

This is a popular feature on (small/medium sized) community sites.

Thanks for getting it this far big_smile
Post it as a release. This topic is hard to find!

EDIT: and another issue I noticed while testing

If I am on browsing several sites in tabs and aren't active for just a few minutes I go "offline" - is there some way to set that so that I am considered online longer? All the people I know are browsing in several tabs, active in msn etc - so not always clicking within a certain site. But they may want  to be seen as online as they are regularly checking back...?  Just thought I'd mention it.