1 (edited by nolyup 2008-12-14 08:56)

Topic: Converter error - FORUM_ROOT

I new here and have just downloaded punbb-1.3.2, I apologise if this thread has been covered.

I started with phpBB3 and what to convert to punBB. The only hassle free way was to use the new phpBB3 - SMF converter which worked perfectly (the cleanest conversion I have see actually). Now I'm trying to migrate my freshly converted SMF (1.1.7) to punBB. I have downloaded the converter from the download page and uploaded to my FTP as per instructions provided. 

I get this error:

The constant FORUM_ROOT must be defined and point to a valid PunBB installation root directory.

These are the first lines of the index file.

<?php
    session_start();

$pun_root = '../';
    define('PUN_ROOT', '../');
    define('CONV_VERSION', '140');
    @include $pun_root.'include/common.php';
    require 'functions.php';

// Check if punbb is initialized
    if(!defined('PUN'))
        myerror('Unable to locate PunbB!<br><br>Please put the converter in a subdirectory in the punbb-directory.');

I am stuck,  can anyone explain this error?

Thanks

Re: Converter error - FORUM_ROOT

This migration tool was designed for PunBB 1.2.

We've released PunBB 1.3 about a month ago. It takes some time to develop add-ons like styles, extensions and other tools. I'm afraid there is no migration tool for PunBB 1.3.

However, you can try to install PunBB 1.2, then run migration tool and finally upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3. But there is no warranty it will work fine. If you going to do it, don't forget to backup your database.

Thanks parpalak for the quick reply.

is that working ?