1 (edited by putnik 2012-02-18 07:12)

Topic: [Release] Subforums

This is an extension for create multilevel subforums. It's not finnished now, but you may use it, if you want. wink

Done:
— On index.php in forums descriptions insert list of subforums;
— On viewforum.php before topics shows list of subforums (without any statistics);
— In admin panel on forums.php you may set parent forum when add/edit forum;

Not done (2do):
— Plain (not tree) structure of queek jump;
— [admin/forums.php] Plain (not tree) link to edit each forum;
— Parent forum statistics not update when somebody write post into subforum;
— No descriptions of subforuma on index.php.

Download: v.0.7

Test version (not for use): v.0.9 alpha-5

Version for 1.4: GitHub

Re: [Release] Subforums

Thanks!!!

thank you, but where is it? i mean the download link?

I'm remove "pun_" prefix from extension name.

If you already installed it, please:
1. Install new (subforums) extension;
2. Remove old (pun_subforums) extension.
Thanks.

New version: 0.5.
Changelog:
* Some fixes
* Add forums hierarchy into navigation block
* Disable forum category selection when parent forum selected

not a bad start, there's 1 or 2 xhtml strict validation errors you may want to fix though.

New version: 0.6.

Changelog:

• Change subforums category when parent forum move;

• Fix display of cycle forums (… -> A -> B -> A -> …). Now for forum A it shows in navigation "Category » … » B » A";

• Small fixes;

• Maybe some new bugs big_smile

8 (edited by putnik 2008-12-24 01:58)

rahahm33 wrote:

not a bad start, there's 1 or 2 xhtml strict validation errors you may want to fix though.

If in 0.6 them still exist, please show where.

Upd: Ok, I know one with "selected". roll

9 (edited by Yinchie 2009-01-20 14:43)

Is it normal that I am unable to see the sub forum on the "Administration -> Start -> Forums -> Edit, delete or change the position of forums" ?

Using PunBB 1.3.2

Also I noticed a bug, well not sure if it is intended but I can't choose the parent right from the start.
I have to set a normal forum and afterward edit that forum and than choose a parent.

anyone?

Hello

there is bug when we post in a subforums

we can'ts see in the index the new post

Rubrique
Subforums:
    Monde 1
    monde 2  << there is a message but we don't see there is a message posted in the index ...

!

12 (edited by N3twork2 2009-02-02 18:59)

Hello

I take a screen shot for explain smile

On the index last post isn't update when we post in a subforums :
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7893/49794916yb5.jpg

And when we clik in the parent forum we can't see if a message it's posted ... it's damage ...
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9526/38725556ir6.png

Sorry all.
Most of problems fixed and some features added smile But extension use hacks in forum code now, and it's a reason why I can't release it.
I hope that new version (0.9) will be at this week.

Nice i am gonna try it out.

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

How can I edit a subforum? I can't find it in the forum list or edit it via the page with the parent forum.

Anyone got a working demo I can have a look at?

I tried this extension out and once a forum was placed inside another, it became inaccessible in the admin console. I then tried to uninstall it, but that didn't seem to fix the problem as the forums that were now placed under another were gone. Another reinstall and those forums still didn't show up.

I finally had to manually edit the MySQL tables to have them display under the proper parent category.

It's not compatible with punbb 1.3.2 i think. I am getting the message Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated. while adding a new subforum. How can i fix this?

Tareq wrote:

It's not compatible with punbb 1.3.2 i think. I am getting the message Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated. while adding a new subforum. How can i fix this?

20 (edited by putnik 2009-03-31 13:10)

I upload an alpha version of 0.9 (see first post).
Please don't use it on active projects, it may be not stable. I can't test it on clear forum now, and my projects not forums but PunBB 1.3 roll I hope that I'll test it at the end of next week.

Some changes was done for my projects, and maybe them will split to other extension in future. Changes are:
* Forum statistics include all it subforums (topics, posts, last post)
* 3 modes of view for index: only main forums, subforums, and subforums with their descriptions
* 2 views of viewforum.php: you may (anybody need? lol) move subforums to topics list
* Quick link for create subforum of current forum (but it don't work in empty forums, I'm use hack for it; will be fixed later)
* Bad view of search page (only main forums)
If I'll have free time, I'll publish version with good search page in next days.
Enjoy.

no upgrade script. it hooked me up! killed my lots of time. but still thanks as you saved my time of making one myself.

please provide upgrade script in future or at least read me.

i am a bit confused with a config value:
o_subforums_show_desc

when ext. is enabled get undefined error but ur menifest.xml seems to delete it by replacing the value in $subforums_show_list.

but u still used o_subforums_show_desc in functions.php Line# 35.

thanks

hello,
i am confused with another thing. in the setting section of subforums, there are 3 options (Index page mode). as I guess their functionality:

0 - Show only main forums -> this should show only parent forums on index page
1 - Show subforums list -> this should show parent forums normally and list only subforums' names
2 - Show subforums with descriptions -> show parent normally and list subforums with their descriptions.

i guess i am correct. am I?

but i have observed that it is showing subforums description even the value of 'o_subforums_show_desc' is 1 as you set this code in the functions.php Line# 35:

($forum_config['o_subforums_show_desc'] == 1) && ($cur_subforum['forum_desc'] != '') ? '&nbsp;&mdash; '.$cur_subforum['forum_desc'] : '')

i guess it should be:

($forum_config['o_subforums_show_desc'] == 2) && ($cur_subforum['forum_desc'] != '') ? '&nbsp;&mdash; '.$cur_subforum['forum_desc'] : '')

please confirm me.

thanks

23 (edited by putnik 2009-03-30 12:47)

rajuru wrote:

as I guess their functionality:
0 - Show only main forums -> this should show only parent forums on index page
1 - Show subforums list -> this should show parent forums normally and list only subforums' names
2 - Show subforums with descriptions -> show parent normally and list subforums with their descriptions.
i guess i am correct. am I?

Yes. Maybe it hard to understand without more detailed legend. If you may write better, it will be nice.

rajuru wrote:

i guess it should be:

($forum_config['o_subforums_show_desc'] == 2) && ($cur_subforum['forum_desc'] != '') ? '&nbsp;&mdash; '.$cur_subforum['forum_desc'] : '')

please confirm me.

Yes. But $forum_config['o_subforums_show_list'] == 2, not *desc. I fix it and upload  new version (it also has fix for new posts at index.php).

another problem found in your extension. see  the image
http://www.postimage.org/PqCEDN9.jpg

rajuru wrote:

another problem found in your extension. see  the image

fixed