1 (edited by YonasH 2009-01-14 23:07)

Topic: [release] open links in new window

Hello

This extension change all links from posts, signatures and user websites to open in new browser window.

show_links_blank.zip version 1.0

Version 1.1
-fixed small bug with "first-item" class
show_links_blank_1.1.zip

======================

KeyDog Edit:
Version 1.1.1. for PunBB 1.4.1
Download

YonasH's repository + Extensions Directory = PunBB Extensions Online Library (in progress....)

Away. I will be back soon.

Re: [release] open links in new window

I've modified the parser.php as sais Garciat here.
anyway I will try your extension smile
thanks.

works well & useful. thx.

one small bug fixed. new version in first post

YonasH's repository + Extensions Directory = PunBB Extensions Online Library (in progress....)

Away. I will be back soon.

In version 1.3.4 a reference to the internal pages of the forum is also open in a new window. sad

6 (edited by Tareq 2010-04-27 17:11)

I think all the links open in a new window. Can you make a small modification like only external links will open in a new window?

Thanks for this very useful plugin.

big_smile

8 (edited by wandy 2010-12-18 12:51)

is there any chance of adding the attribute rel="nofollow" for external links posted in the forum messages.(To help SEO). This would stop getting bad search engine rankings based on bad websites linked to by forum users,

wandy wrote:

is there any chance of adding the attribute rel="nofollow" for external links posted in the forum messages.(To help SEO). This would stop getting bad search engine rankings based on bad websites linked to by forum users,

good reason.. any chance?

PunBB Bulgaria - soon
Bulgarian Lang for all versions - soon
Developers, please contact with me skype Linn3x for info

10 (edited by XF4711 2015-02-24 00:36)

PunBoard-Bulgaria wrote:
wandy wrote:

good reason.. any chance?

Hello,

with a help by a friend i found a alternate solution for this problem by adding a deferrer like anonym.to the link. So links posted by users will be opend by using the deferrer anonym.to. and can´t be followed.

You can download the extension with modified and original manifest.xml here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a8bp1 … _blank.zip

Greetz XF4711 cool

works well useful plugin.

Thanks for sharing

When someone posts a link to another topic in the forum or someone puts a link to a topic in the signature this extension will also open the page in another tab.

It should not open a new window/tab when the link contains the base forum address.

My opinion: the user should decide for himself how to open the link. To do this, he has a click on the mouse wheel.

target="_blank"

This method is insecure. A site on an open tab gets full access to the parent tab.

ForkBB
I speak only Russian  :P

I understand but I run a very small forum with only about 70 trusted members and I am I am trying to have internal inks open in the same tab and external ones with a new tab.

If you look on sites like cnn.com and others most websites do that now where any link that takes you offsite opens in a new tab so the member can close the tab and be right back on site. Sometimes when people follow links they do multiple clicks and getting back is not as so easy.

Any way to modify the extension to have it not open a new tab for the base forum url?

try https://github.com/MioVisman/punbb_exte … inks_blank

ForkBB
I speak only Russian  :P

16 (edited by KamWest 2021-01-10 05:58)

That one works perfect Visman

Now when a member posts an external link it opens a new tab and an internal link stays in the same window.

https://i.postimg.cc/BQHKTRkY/joy2.jpg