Re: Extensions by Rich Pedley

just tried the latest version of ekarma really quick...the URL exploit persists

sad

Ok just so as I can replicate exactly what you do - can you provide me the steps again that cause this because I can't duplicate it!

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

28 (edited by Rich Pedley 2009-01-09 22:51)

silly question - are you trying this when logged in as a member rather than an admin/moderator ?

byUsers forum

29 (edited by mihalis 2009-01-09 23:39)

Logged in as an admin

I'm just right copying the "Karma+" link and pasting it into URL bar multiple times...

edit: I'll try it logged in as a regular user

it works fine as a regular user. my mistake..

In MySQL Improved 5.0.67 i have

Warning: mysql_data_seek(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/users/x/xxxx/domains/xxxx.xx/viewtopic.php(461) : eval()'d code on line 52

in Group Images extension

I tend to only write things for mysql - but I believe you can alter it by changing line 157 from mysql_data_seek to mysqli_data_seek

byUsers forum

It is true. Thank You.

I like the groups images, their cute.

eSpam 0.2 released - fixed a  bug when checking guest email addresses against the bans list.

byUsers forum

Rich Pedley wrote:

I tend to only write things for mysql - but I believe you can alter it by changing line 157 from mysql_data_seek to mysqli_data_seek

hmm, maybe you should add a check in your install warning users that use anotehr db engine then mysql ...

or use the db builder for the querys

~Cereal
I've finally learned what "upward compatible" means. It means we get to keep all our old mistakes.
The limits of language are the limits of one's world.

yeah I'm going to look into that - when I get chance. I'm not sure the db builder can handle data_seek but I'll be investigating it.

byUsers forum

Rich Pedley wrote:

Group Images

Adds images for user groups based on number of posts. Several images are included, but you can easily add more.

Rich Pedley, is it possible to modify this extensoin, that the images will be set to individual users? Like in Image Awards mod for 1.2.x.

Hmm, not something I'd considered. But you can always create/allocate member groups with different images - or are you really thinking of a different image for every user?

byUsers forum

Rich Pedley wrote:

or are you really thinking of a different image for every user?

Yeah, why not? tongue

Well, I'll try to explain why i need this feature, that you didn't think that I'm insane smile

The thing is that I have an "Arsenal" FC supporters forum. So, when the forum was on PunBB 1.2.x I adapted Image Awards mod as follows:
I made T-shirts-pictures with names of "Arsenal" players. For all active forum users - if their request and at their choice - I could appoint an award-picture. As you can guess, it wasn't based on posts count, or anytyng like that, it's just for all, who I wanted to assign with award in admin-panel. You know, it's like touch the idol, or a legend for them, that's a great feature. That's why I want to return it to the PunBB 1.3. I found your "Group Image" extension, and I thought that it is the closest to what I want.

I hope you understand all I wrote, but I have to sorry for my English - it's very bad.

In any case, thanks for an interesting extension - "Group Images" wink

sounds like a replacement avatar - what size were this images?

byUsers forum

41 (edited by TuxPirate 2009-02-03 17:44)

Well, these images can be any size we want. The only thing was a correct statement of file name - it should contain proportion of image size. For example, Gilberto_100x25.png. Apparently, it's a mod developer "feature", to determine the image size.

Finally, for example, here's how that mod looks like:
In viewtopic.php:

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/02/03/08/34/1954794_bigthumb.jpg

In admin-panel:

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/02/03/08/34/1954792_bigthumb.jpg

ahhhh I see - no my extension isn't suitable for this. Although similar it is very very different in operation.

However it would be fairly easy to do.

byUsers forum

Mmmm... Can I hope that similar extension will appear in your extensions list at some point in the future? roll
I'm sure it's interesting not only to me smile

maybe, depends if I get chance - but it wouldn't be coded the same...

byUsers forum

Hi Rich,
I hope you can take a look at this topic regarding ekarma
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … once-ever/

Thanks
SG

New version, 0.7, hopefully fixes that -
http://quirm.net/download/36/

byUsers forum

Ekarma 0.9

it would be nice to have an option to motivate your karma posting (of course configurable smile)

~Cereal
I've finally learned what "upward compatible" means. It means we get to keep all our old mistakes.

Cereal wrote:

it would be nice to have an option to motivate your karma posting (of course configurable smile)

I have no idea what you mean by that.

byUsers forum

well if i decrease a users karma i have to motivate why i do it, so i get some sort of imput form to write a message about it.

another idea: enable/disable the decreasing of the karma, so suers can only add karma points not take them away (ofcourse admins/mods can)

and anotehr idea smile
disable karma for users with less then a specifick number of posts, for example, only users that have 100 posts or more kan vote for the karma

~Cereal

50 (edited by esupergood 2009-02-12 15:18)

well if i decrease a users karma i have to motivate why i do it, so i get some sort of imput form to write a message about it.

Agreed. I like it

another idea: enable/disable the decreasing of the karma, so suers can only add karma points not take them away (ofcourse admins/mods can)

Not for me but good for other forums I'm sure

disable karma for users with less then a specifick number of posts, for example, only users that have 100 posts or more kan vote for the karma

Essential for me. Yes Please!!!
It stops people registering new accounts just so they can vote themself up or vote other people down & down & down