1 (edited by KeyDog 2009-01-11 15:25)

Topic: Smilies Sets - giving Credit

I've just been discussing with a smilie set creator under what circumstances he'd be willing to make some sets available for free inclusion in extensions.

He made the good point of wanting the following:

- A link (name/website) to his site in footer

I think that is reasonable wish and will encourage more content coming from smilie set creators.

So: How is the best way to go about adding that function of adding the smilies sets name in footer? If someone is just installing an extension like mine with my set "custom_smilies" set that extension name could probably be modified to turn up, be echoed in footer?

What way do garciat and Rich Pedley have in mind to implement such a thing when someone adds a set to their respective folders?

If we sort this out we give a major push to the 'coolness factor' of a specific site and are allowing maximum customization (a web 2.0 default wish for admins)

EDIT: should one have an additional line:
Smilie Set by:
Powered by:

or

[]board with smilies by [Smilie Set Name/link]

Also if someone is using a default set and making additional fun sets available that should be considered.

EDIT 2: I guess it doesn't have to be in footer only. Could be in the reply part of the message. Maybe that makes it easier?

2 (edited by KeyDog 2009-01-12 08:46)

Re: Smilies Sets - giving Credit

I'm going to have the same problem when contracting template makers.
These people defo need credit in footer or a different approach to copyright footer design - maybe just a information symbol that leads to a page that has all the information about