Topic: Windows 7

Has anyone tried it?

I'm using it right now and it's really cool!

Re: Windows 7

There are some features in it I very much like. I am not a fan of the taskbar for some reason.

I'm not gonna try it, for the main reason that my PC isn't powerful enough for running it.  I'm fine with my Ubuntu who's more stable than my XP who tends to blackout suddenly (mostly while you're doing something, like writing a post, changing a code line or graphing) then reboot.

Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS / Windows XP SP2
GIMP 2.6.8 (advanced), Inkscape (newbie)
XHTML/CSS (advanced), PHP/MySQL (medium)
Don't ask what free software can do for you, but what you can do for free software.

@ Ishimaru

Replace your PSU with a better brand and power.
Im ok with Vista. Wont be trying any pre releases due to lack of time.

So far when I would compare Xp and Vista I would say Vista eats resources more but at least its a lot more stable and reliable than XP. I use it for more than 6 months now and I havent noticed any performance drops or increased loading times when compared to clean after install system. XP is really annoying with it slowdowns after a few weeks.
I even have XP installed on 2nd drive with only 1 application installed and after 3 weeks I already noticed it loads 10 times longer and locks up for no reason.
Also with Vista it is nice that if 1 application is giving trouble the OS/other running applications arent affected as much.
I dont think MS will change much in the 7 version. I would guess Vista came too early for most home computers and they will try to sell the same thing again hoping more ppl changed their computers to new technology.
The only thing that really pisses me off is the explorer setting where you dont see the full path but you need to click it to see where you are but prolly you can change it somewhere and Im too lazy to search.

5 (edited by njwoods 2009-03-20 18:21)

hello all,
Wow, we tried to download it at work and could never get through to the server----I am jealous that you have it installed.

As for XP and Vista, well XP does seem to freeze or hang but then Vista sure has some quirks too. Vista often loses my taskbar while I am away from my desk----very annoying. The only fix I can find is the right click on the desktop/hit personalize/then lower the resolution----say NO to keeping the setting; and voila it all comes back to normal.

Garciat, what's good about it?

It looks really nice and it's faster than Vista. It has lots of out-of-the-box hardware support.

That's about it, heh. Anyways, I switched back to XP because I need IE6 to test some stuff and the network on VMware wouldn't work on Win7.

Why dont you Vmware win 7 wink

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

I did, but it the cool aero effects don't work.