Topic: Making multigroup a native feature

For regular members, the most useful thing about usergroup is to be able to say: "these members can read this private forum, these others can read this other forum" and so on.

But right now, someone can't be in two groups, and more problematic someone can't be in a usegroup and have a forum function (like being a moderator).

I really, really think a multigroup feature is not a gadget.

I know there are some issues with permissions overall, but with global scheme (like if you are authorized once, you are authorized even if one of your usergroup is not) it should be easy to deal with.

Re: Making multigroup a native feature

true this would be a great mod or addon feature

Yeah
That and the ability to give moderator on a per group basis wink

That too Smarty's, but that's a different Feature request (and from my opinion a more arguable one in view of Rickard philosophy), because it will solve the problem only for moderators or noone else (and you have to do it by hand for every each of them, I know forums with close to a hundred moderators ^^ ).

Yeah, I know wink
And to say again something I think Paul brought up: you don't have to make the system overly complex in terms of if groups have conflicting permissions. All you have to do is check if one group you're in has permission to do what you want to do, and if it does, allow the action. No need to make it more complicated then that.

This would be great as a native feature. I'm actually having to move elsewhere because it's not.