1 (edited by User33 2009-01-18 00:56)

Topic: [Release] Latest posts on profile

Shows the user's latest posts on his/her profile.

You can change the options on Administration » Settings » Features (Options coming soon)

Download Link: http://punbb.informer.com/unofficial/pu … _posts.zip

Screenshot:
http://arch.kimag.es/share/61209669.png

If you find any bugs or have any tips, please post them here.

Updates

• 1.0.2: Fixed error where it shows every user's posts (thanks to gokieks)

• 1.0.1: Made some fixes

• 1.0.0: First release

Thanks to downliner for the idea.

Re: [Release] Latest posts on profile

Taking a look at the code now big_smile Many thanks

Sweet! great addition. smile

Updated to 1.0.1

When you first install it on an existing forum, it shows the last 5 overall posts made on the forum for every user, regardless of who actually made those posts.

Thanks! Updated to 1.0.2

1.0.2 seems to work well.  It even parses out posts in non-public forums when not logged in, which is neat.  Good job! smile

Dont want to take your thread off topic Garciat, move this is you wish, but I managed to get what I was looking for working smile Using 1.2, the below will show latest topics on the users profile instead of latest posts. I still haven't got the hang of making extensions but maybe this can easily be ported over also, or added as an option to this extension?

The original query I used:

<?php

$result = $db->query('SELECT * FROM '.$db_prefix.'topics WHERE poster = \''.pun_htmlspecialchars($user['username']).'\' AND forum_id = x ORDER BY last_post DESC LIMIT 6') or error('Unable to fetch post info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
while($cur_topic = $db->fetch_assoc($result))

{   
?>

<li><a href="viewtopic.php?id=<?php echo $cur_topic['id']; ?>"><?php echo $cur_topic['subject']; ?></a></li>

<?php
}
?>

This matches the poster name in the *topics field to that of the username.

The query below is thanks to MattF, improving the query by using User ID instead of usernames:

<?php
$result = $db->query('SELECT DISTINCT t.id, t.subject, t.poster FROM '.$db_prefix.'topics FROM '.$db_prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db_prefix.'posts AS p ON t.poster=p.poster WHERE p.poster_id= \''.intval($user['id']).'\' AND forum_id=x ORDER BY t.id DESC LIMIT 6') or error('Unable to fetch post info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
while($cur_topic = $db->fetch_assoc($result))

{   
?>

<a href="viewtopic.php?id=<?php echo $cur_topic['id']; ?>"><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']) ?></a>

<?php
}
?>