Topic: Fluxbb/Punbb?

Whats the difference? Which one should I go for?

Re: Fluxbb/Punbb?

I think its clear what the differances are if you look at the news that FluxBB have announced.

Its up to you.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

PunBB, of course. FluxBB practically abandoned 1.3, and if they were delaying it for 7 months (or more) then we can't expect people will see 1.4 or 2.0 anytime soon.

DD wrote:

PunBB, of course. FluxBB practically abandoned 1.3

Not abandoned, merely discontinued. It will be available as an unsupported release once a final few tweaks have been made.

DD wrote:

and if they were delaying it for 7 months (or more) then we can't expect people will see 1.4 or 2.0 anytime soon.

2.0 is the version in development, so obviously that will not appear overnight. From what I gather, however, 1.4 should not be that far away now.

I want to know, visually 1.3 Flux and 1.3 Pun look the same. I am wondering what coding differences there are between the 2. Is pun just the code being downloaded from Flux SVN and being rebranded as Pun. If that is the case at what SVN version did you get to to not have the latest Flux SVN missing style code affect the layout of Pun.

The_Fiddler wrote:

I want to know, visually 1.3 Flux and 1.3 Pun look the same. I am wondering what coding differences there are between the 2. Is pun just the code being downloaded from Flux SVN and being rebranded as Pun.

That pretty much sums it up, to a point. When the Dev's here started making final preparations for the R.C, I believe they made their own little tweaks to the code they had at the time from then onwards, as such. All in all though, it's pretty much the same thing.

The_Fiddler wrote:

If that is the case at what SVN version did you get to to not have the latest Flux SVN missing style code affect the layout of Pun.

The Flux 1.3 code is still being tweaked as we speak to get rid of those final styling bugs, I believe.

For now, the differences are little.

However, Once Fluxbb 1.3 is released, development from the Fluxbb team will no longer be going ahead on 1.3, and will focus on 1.4/2.0. This will be when the main difference is, Punbb will be supporting 1.3 and will actively *cough* be developed on.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.