Topic: Manage Extensions broken?

When I click the Extensions tab in the administration, it loads

http://forum.aebio.net/admin/extensions.php?section=manage wrote:

Extensions available for install

There are no extensions available for install or upgrade.
Installed extensions

WARNING! If you uninstall an extension, any data associated with that extension will be permanently deleted from the database and cannot be restored by re-installing the extension. If you wish to retain the data then you should disable the extension instead.
PunBB Repository

* Created by PunBB Development Team.
    * Version v1.2.2.
    * Feel free to download and install extensions from PunBB repository.

Disable Uninstall

Warning: Missing argument 2 for get_remote_file(), called in /home/petteyg/aebio/v/extensions/pun_repository/lang/English/pun_repository.php on line 11 and defined in /home/petteyg/aebio/v/include/functions.php on line 162

Notice: Undefined variable: timeout in /home/petteyg/aebio/v/include/functions.php on line 182

I would expect it to load inside the admin interface, but instead get a new page with only the above content, none of the admin tabs/links or formatting.

2 (edited by KeyDog 2009-01-25 19:16)

Re: Manage Extensions broken?

EDIT:

An error was encountered

Page Not found (Error 404): The requested page could not be found.

your whole forum site is unreachable .....

PS: You only have about 10 of 40 total extensions in that list anyway you know...

3 (edited by petteyg359 2009-01-25 19:31)

Mind telling me what exactly you're saying? Your post is completely unrelated to my original post...

If you're talking about my actual site being down (it has been moved to another domain), what the hell gave you the idea you'd be able to access the admin section on my site, anyway!?

4 (edited by KeyDog 2009-01-25 20:12)

http://forum.aebio.net/admin/extensions … ion=manage wrote:
Extensions available for install

read your own post huh?
forum.aebio.net  - the forum isn't installed correctly - don't not what you're playing at, but being defensive like that isn't a good idea big_smile

re-install and access the site by logging onto it (which can't be done now it would appear)
or if you're doing it on localserver - try it differently, i.e. not calling url ? smile

I posted the problem in the first post.

You try to tell me I'm screwing up, because you can't access the admin side of my site. Duh? The fact that the site is no longer accessible at all from the same URL has nothing to do with the problem in OP.

I've tried reinstalling three times, completely clearing the database every time, redownloading the archive, tried both with and without the hotfix applied, with and without checking the repository install box in the installer. Error occurs every time.

Is this a known bug? Is PunBB incompatible with suPHP, PHP 5.2.6, or Apache 2.2? I've been running vBulletin on the same server for months with no issues at all. Have run Joomla and JFusion with no issues. I'm pretty sure this is a PunBB problem, rather than a problem with server config. If you have any idea where in PunBB this would originate, or something in config.php that needs changing, please tell me.

You try to tell me I'm screwing up, because you can't access the admin side of my site.

No. I'm saying that if you can't access the website as a user then something is wrong that has nothing to do with extensions. The title of your post is misleading to say the least.

Q: How do you log into your admin section now? I was under impression you go to forum.blabla.com then login. But if someone goes to your forum.blabla.com there is no forum even installed.

And I sure as hell wouldn't and didn't try to login to your admin sparky big_smile

7 (edited by petteyg359 2009-01-25 21:32)

The error is on the admin side of the site. You can't view it (but you can see the errors in the bottom of the quote in my OP) so whether the forum is publicly accessible or not DOES NOT MATTER. If you're not going to figure that out, please go away, and let someone else provide useful assistance.

edit2: The website is accessible just fine for everyone. PunBB, however, is not installed on the public site anymore. When software has bugs, I remove that software until I can fix the bugs. How hard is that for you to understand?

Yeah sorry I don't know what's causing your trouble.
I am running several punbb 1.3.2s on Apache / Php 5 - all smooth on every installation. Also in 8 weeks no one here has had the problem you describe.
Good luck anyway smile