Topic: Staying Logged In/on

I've noticed that if I'm inactive for just several minutes I appear to be offline.

How can I set this so that I stay logged in/on as long as that tab with punbb or my forum is open?

It's annoying. smile

Ideally this could be set in user profile with an extension.... but atm I'm looking for quick dirty fix if anyone has input?

I spoke to an admin at another site with a proprietary system - and he sets his browser to refresh the his page or something so that it seems he's online even if he's working on something else.... but at his pc.

Re: Staying Logged In/on

But what if you leave the browser open and then go for a shower, then go for food, then go out to the shop. You wouldn't want the system showing you as logged in for that whole time. I think the current system works well. Maybe just lengthen the time that you are shown online after a period of non-activity?

Maybe just lengthen the time that you are shown online after a period of non-activity?

sure , if someone can tell me how to do that... where... then I can easily modify it to suit my need on the specific site... that's basically what I need.

or

stay logged on by default for x min unless I log off actively...

stay logged on by default for x min unless I log off actively...

It is in settings, here it is:

Seconds idle before being removed from the online users list

Just increase the value

haha silly me. of course. yes that's what i was looking for all along. thx big_smile

been doin some research on this topic:

http://support.proboards.com/index.cgi? … ead=256021

this is the feature I was talking about

proboards are going to implement it - it lets you decide when you log on if you want to stay for entire browser session.

interesting to see that video and what kind of features are coming to other boards....

It could be done with AJAX, I believe... with the onload and onunload events.

Browser session would be simpler, though.

would be cool to have something like this aswell talking of ajax

http://getsatisfaction.com/pivotal/topi … er_session

you can click on "i have that problem to"

in a forum like this it would be handy so that people interested in a feature like described above could easily show interest smile

Garciat wrote:

Browser session would be simpler, though.

on the browser session being simpler - sadly not simple enough for me to do smile