Re: Attachment extension

Yeah KeyDog, it would be nice if there is automatic info about added attachments (name, ext, size) and upper info about Login requirement, but if you click on it you are redirected to login page.

Bug Report:

If I edit a post where I have just included an attachment -> the attachment disappears and needs to be added again.  (example: i write a post, add attachment, save&exit - then come back to edit - the attachment is not there - at least in some cases)

It should add attachment then give me possibility to delete no?

Thanks.

You can download new version of the extension from SVN.

Slavok wrote:

You can download new version of the extension from SVN.

I tried to install it but got the following message immediately after clicking the install button.

An error was encountered

Unable to copy .htaccess file to new subfolder with name '/home/mark4321/public_html/forum/extensions/pun_attachment/attachments/94c55dbfa3393862719c67db4c7039c1'

The error occurred on line 40 in /home/mark4321/public_html/forum/extensions/pun_attachment/install_function.php

Did I do something wrontg?

Permissions maybe?

I made sure the attachment folder is 777. Sorry I should have mentioned that in my previous post.

what is the best way to download a directory like that? file by file (like I did) or is there a better, more reliable way?

I use sort of a Trac "hack". Here's the URL: http://punbb.informer.com/trac/changese … format=zip

that sorted it, cheers Garciat
it works!

I might have to disable this one as I'm near my bandwidth limit at the end of every month and that's just off forum page views. My limit is 8GB per month. The hosting was unlimited bandwidth but they later told me it doesn't include forums sad

esupergood wrote:

My limit is 8GB per month. The hosting was unlimited bandwidth but they later told me it doesn't include forums

It's either unlimited or it isn't. They are telling you porkies one way or the other, whichever is true. Either they falsely advertised/flogged the package, or they are stringing you along now.

I can only add files for the first post in the topic, not for normal replies. That seems a wee bit silly. What if someone posts a topic saying "Does anyone a photo of a something-or-other", someone might want to reply saying "yes, here is one". But they can't.

Cheers Matt. Next time I'm due for a bandwidth upgrade (2 or 3 months I guess) I might demand the upgrade without paying any extra. Anyone know a good host that doesn't mind busy forums?

Hi
I tried it but I was surprised and upset: it actually is an attachment function (!):  I thought it would automatically show the uploaded file (if it is an image) in the post.
Is there an option to do this or another extension ?

tomlelab wrote:

Hi
I tried it but I was surprised and upset: it actually is an attachment function (!):  I thought it would automatically show the uploaded file (if it is an image) in the post.
Is there an option to do this or another extension ?

Oops, ok I have found the option to do that in the admin panel, need to modify the size of "display small images".
Good and ouf!:D

I have no idea how to make my uploaded files show. I can't see them in viewtopic.php at all. What do I do to make them appear please? I've uploaded a 1mb image file successfully but they I can't see it anywhere

I think, you need to modify in admin->settings>attachment options, the display small images values:
it will only show the images that are smaller than the values you set.

esupergood wrote:

Cheers Matt. Next time I'm due for a bandwidth upgrade (2 or 3 months I guess) I might demand the upgrade without paying any extra. Anyone know a good host that doesn't mind busy forums?

You should be able to get a good cross ref having a browse on here. smile

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

I tried using this version of the extension: http://punbb.informer.com/trac/changese … format=zip

But I get this message when viewing forum messages with the extension enabled:

Notice: Undefined index: attach_disable_attach in /.../forums.programming-designs.com/viewtopic.php(15) : eval()'d code on line 10

Notice: Undefined index: attach_disable_attach in /.../forums.programming-designs.com/viewtopic.php(241) : eval()'d code on line 30

http://rapidshare.com/files/177074021/p … chment.rar

try that one

KeyDog wrote:

try that one

Same problem. But as I was trying that, I found a new version of the attachment extension in the repository and installed it.

Note: In the pun attachment settings, the "save changes" button seems to be positioned wrong. Also, shouldn't the attached file show above a person's signature rather than below it? Other then that, it works great.

45 (edited by Programming-Designs 2009-01-29 21:54)

Okay, so I looked through the code and I found that viewtopic.php doesn't seem to have a hook that is located above the signature area (but below the posters message). I created my own hook and placed it on line 499/500:

($hook = get_hook('vt_row_msg_after')) ? eval($hook) : null;

Then I modified the manifest.xml file to use that hook rather than the vt_row_pre_display hook (line 684):

<hook id="vt_row_msg_after"><![CDATA[

Now I got it how I want it: http://forums.programming-designs.com/post/5707/#p5707 smile

I'd suggest in the next update for PunBB to add another hook in the place I made mine (line 499/500 of viewtopic.php) as it could be very useful for other extensions too I assume.

Hi!

I've installed attache mod for PunBB 1.3, all had worked normal.

Since some time all NEW attaches are not showed in NEW posts during viewing topics. Regardless of user (who added or who views) rights. Old attaches are seen normally. Though when I edit a post with attach, it's attend (i.e. uploaded correctly) and editable as normal attach. In admin panel it's also seen with correct parameters.
When I edit table in MySQL - change post id and topic id on some old, attach become visible in post. Old attach to new post - no sad
Tried update mod to 1.0b, 1.01a (including full clearing with further resoring attaches mysql table, other settings became default) - no results: old are seen, new - no.

It's clear, I did not edit viewtopic.php.

Help please! Sorry for my english smile

PS: Just in case: http://forum.stopzavod.ru/

It is surprising, if nobody faced. An error rough:

In hook 'vt_pre_header_load', it's need to add in query:
     'WHERE'    => 'p.topic_id='.$GLOBALS['id'],

I.e. attaches had just selected  for firt N posts of forum, where N - num of post on page. It is strange... Or am I not right?

Added bug to the pun_attachment wiki page.
Thanks.

Carpe diem

Any chanse for this to become ofiitial extenskion so we can install it from repository?

Hmm, I just downloaded it from svn (or track, whatever) ver 1.0b.
Unfortunatly, option that started this threed isn't there (to alow ONLY some attachment types).