Topic: PunBB 1.3 installation issue

Good afternoon,

I am attempting to upgrade from PunBB 1.2 to 1.3. When I did this on my internal XServe, no problem. When I execute pathname/admin/db_update.php on my site host's (expletives deleted) Windows Server, I get "PHP Fatal error: PCRE is not compiled with UTF-8 support in D:\Websites\GriponLife.ca\interact_new\include\utf8\utf8.php on line 52". The Windows technician thought it might be the line endings, and while I found this to be strange, I re-saved the utf8.php file with DOS line endings. Again no joy.

TIA for any help.
Gunnar

Re: PunBB 1.3 installation issue

Gunnar wrote:

PCRE is not compiled with UTF-8 support

This means just what it says. The Perl-Compatible Regular Expressions library used in your PHP-installation does not support UTF-8. This is critical for correct forum's work. Compile PHP (or get binaries) with UTF-8 supported by PCRE.

Carpe diem

Anatoly,

Sigh. Why am I not surprised that a Windows Server installation should not be UTF-8 compatible. And, of course, with Server admins who regard Open Source as the antichrist, that will likely continue to be the case.

Cheers,
Gunnar

4 (edited by MattF 2009-02-04 16:15)

Gunnar wrote:

Sigh. Why am I not surprised that a Windows Server installation should not be UTF-8 compatible. And, of course, with Server admins who regard Open Source as the antichrist, that will likely continue to be the case.

They're running PHP, which is Open Source, so they are hypocritical zealots if so. smile

Edit: Oh, and tell that 'Windoze technician' that he's a muppet.